Author Topic: Early photo's  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
Early photo's
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
I was coming home from a family holiday on the Eyre Peninsula and decided that for a change that I go and do a bit of site seeing as I drove towards Port Augusta. I went through the former township of the Iron Barron I remember as a kid a small brigade in that town not any more. Then onto the township of Iron  Knob again another town with a small brigade and it still has one.

Now to my question does anyone know of someone or have any photo's of the  brigade of  Iron  Knob / or Iron Barron. As a spoke to nice old lady in the camp ground who was a member of the Iron Knob Brigade but could not find any old photo's of either Brigade. As none where displayed in the station but she did tell me that the two brigade did amalgamate.

I would like to pass these onto the Brigade for showing a fellow CFS / SES member some hospitality
keep it simple for sanity skes please

rescue5271

Re: Early photo's
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:22:14 AM »
Contact PIP and ASH at the CFS promo unit as they have photos of everything old and new....

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
Sorry Mallee fire, no pics of the early years of Iron Knob or Iron Baron.

I do recall seeing a pic of Iron Baron in an old edition of the Volunteer Magazine, from around the late 80's or so.

There is nothing much left of Iron Baron anymore..went for a wander round a few months ago.....just a few pieces of bitumen and a few kerbs.....

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »
has to be said...its baron.