Author Topic: MFS at Nuri  (Read 24005 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MFS at Nuri
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »
lol i know....when a City Car is coming up to the hills  AND BEYOND....thats when ya know we're gonna be doing a filtered lot of First Aid....maybe time for SAAS to lower its standard of employment by a small fraction...its better than first Aid lasting a hour or two!

Offline countrygirl

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »
Hi all,

I dont know the full details about whats going on in reference to Nuri CFS but I will say that YES, Nuri CFS group is fairly strong with members, they respond to call outs very quickly and promptly and the Hazmat facility is called upon to go to other areas because Hazmat facilities are few and far between in the country. Nuri CFS are also strong contenders and winners at cfs competitions.

Anyway, thats only my view

Offline Sarge

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:45 PM »
Can't see mfs going into Nuri Not when CFS has 3 trucks with no manning probs, Angaston has 2 trucks 10 secs up the road and tanunda has 2 trucks and mets 10 secs down the road.

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
Can't see mfs going into Nuri Not when CFS has 3 trucks with no manning probs, Angaston has 2 trucks 10 secs up the road and tanunda has 2 trucks and mets 10 secs down the road.

Im led to believe its not the response that is the problem, its the fact that CFS wont supply the appropriate appliances for the risk area.

Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
Talk about getting a MFS up there, i think they should worry about Gawler first.
Gawler have 1 appliance and if you've seen Gawler lately with all the housing developments aswell as commercial buildings (E.g coles,target,Big W,Woolworths), it's hard to see why it's a 1 appliance station especially with elizabeth being 15 minutes away, which is way above the average callout time.
Also, why let this happen when you have glynde and glen osmond on the same road and beulah park 5 minutes from glynde. 3 stations within 10 minutes of each other??? Also, Roseworthy is still too far out for a quick response.
I've never seen a station have so many coq's!
HINT???!!
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »
lol i know....when a City Car is coming up to the hills  AND BEYOND....thats when ya know we're gonna be doing a filtered lot of First Aid....maybe time for SAAS to lower its standard of employment by a small fraction...its better than first Aid lasting a hour or two!

SAAS dropping it's standard?  - are you talking about vol's or paid?....if you're talking paid...there's no other way to get into a profession like paramedic without a degree...............

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 12:40:14 PM »
Quote/
Also, why let this happen when you have Glynde and Glen Osmond on the same road

Err I dont think so Glen Osmond is on Portrush Rd and Glynde is on Glybnurn Rd,Glynde
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »

Im led to believe its not the response that is the problem, its the fact that CFS wont supply the appropriate appliances for the risk area.

then its time CFS played a trick theyve never done before > Supply the appropriate appliance for the risk and responses! :D

Quote from: Zippy on July 20, 2008, 12:26:10 AM
SAAS dropping it's standard?  - are you talking about vol's or paid?....if you're talking paid...there's no other way to get into a profession like paramedic without a degree...............

Dang man i cant even remember writing that post :P

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »

then its time CFS played a trick theyve never done before > Supply the appropriate appliance for the risk and responses! :D

That would then bring us back to the aerial appliances in CFS thread.  :-D
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »
A Step Forward ;)

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
Sorry, getting mixed up with angle park and oakden on same road! :wink:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:15:44 PM by Hazmat206 »
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 03:05:31 AM »
Talk about getting a MFS up there, i think they should worry about Gawler first.
Gawler have 1 appliance and if you've seen Gawler lately with all the housing developments aswell as commercial buildings (E.g coles,target,Big W,Woolworths), it's hard to see why it's a 1 appliance station especially with elizabeth being 15 minutes away, which is way above the average callout time.
Also, why let this happen when you have glynde and glen osmond on the same road and beulah park 5 minutes from glynde. 3 stations within 10 minutes of each other??? Also, Roseworthy is still too far out for a quick response.
I've never seen a station have so many coq's!
HINT???!!
Gawler is becoming a 2 appliance station in the next 2 years Roseworthy Responds to most calls with gawler because all the houseing devlopments are Roseworthys area or in a dual response area i think roseworthy might have to upgrade into a type 2 pumper station with the new developments with the factories and housing being built its only a matter of time that the brigade will be one busy station CFS should really look at that

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »
...its only a matter of time that the brigade will be one busy station CFS should really look at that

Since when have the CFS cared about call rates and risks?  Just ask Morphette Vale.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
Gawler is becoming a 2 appliance station in the next 2 years Roseworthy Responds to most calls with gawler because all the houseing devlopments are Roseworthys area or in a dual response area i think roseworthy might have to upgrade into a type 2 pumper station with the new developments with the factories and housing being built its only a matter of time that the brigade will be one busy station CFS should really look at that
[/quote]

Mate i think Roseworthy should try for a skyjet or something like Burnside's new pumper or maybe just push to take Burnside's pumper seeing they don't need it according to other posts. :wink:
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Darren

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Riiiight, Gawler becoming a 2 pump station, haha

Roseworthy don't respond to Gawlers calls, its the other way around.

By the way, Camden Park are getting a Tiller, and Wallaroo are getting a Bronto coz there are some tall buildings coming.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
 :|...

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
:|...