Author Topic: MFS COMMS STRIKES AGAIN  (Read 52864 times)

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: MFS COMMS STRIKES AGAIN
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
Ok... bad choice of response message as i have no idea of the background of that call. My point remains valid though, as its not so uncommon.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
It was not a crash at all.   Just a broken down car, that couldn't move, and was stuck in an awkward location (eg blind corners / no street lights)...

Pip

What sorta show are you people running up that way...........NO STREET LIGHTS?
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »
It was not a crash at all.   Just a broken down car, that couldn't move, and was stuck in an awkward location (eg blind corners / no street lights)...

Pip

In other words, SAPOL's job..

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 12:03:09 AM »

As for when SAPOL or SAAS pass the job on to Fire Service...too much chance for chinese whispers, keep rescue on the response.

...and you never wonder why the ambo is standing there incredulously wondering why 2 appliances turned out......bells and whistles....... for the transmission fluid on the road that takes 1 bag of kitty litter to clean up......

How much does it cost every time an appliance turns out......more to the point how much does it cost when 2 trucks turn out for what was requested as a low priority attendance for a fluid spill??????

Darren

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 02:15:20 AM »
There is always an "on the other hand" the spillage calls we get that turn out to be persons trapped, hence the send the lot, can always turn them back. The only reason the Fire and Rescue for everything was instigated was due to being burnt multiple times by both SAAS and SAPOL.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »

As for when SAPOL or SAAS pass the job on to Fire Service...too much chance for chinese whispers, keep rescue on the response.

...and you never wonder why the ambo is standing there incredulously wondering why 2 appliances turned out......bells and whistles....... for the transmission fluid on the road that takes 1 bag of kitty litter to clean up......

How much does it cost every time an appliance turns out......more to the point how much does it cost when 2 trucks turn out for what was requested as a low priority attendance for a fluid spill??????

Yeah like Darren mentioned, I know of a few times (through personal experience) where an accident has been reported as 'spill only', and 1 or more persons have required Hydraulic extrication.

Or 'just a small radiator/oil spill' has been near 100 Litres of fuel sprayed all over the vehicle and its occupants still in a car while they are being worked on.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 08:27:12 AM »
A lot of the 'busier areas' that have always been dispatched via MFS comcen [including Adelaide Hills aka Mt Barker SES] have there data programmed into BOMS. So taking them out of the mix automatically reccomends the next nearest appropriate unit.

Ie; tree down, maclaren st, mt barker would normally reccomend adelaide hills ses, take them out of the mix [k0] and it will then automatically reccomend the next unit, sturt.

So a better result than waiting for a unit member to call in when theyre ready then using local knowledge if that person even has any idea at all...
[/quote]

In that case why was the next nearest appropriate brigade not sent for this MVA??
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:51:21 AM by TillerMan »

Offline big bronto

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »

How much is a life worth, the job is not always as it seems? Why do you all worry about cost...the money isn't coming out of your own account.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »
A lot of the 'busier areas' that have always been dispatched via MFS comcen [including Adelaide Hills aka Mt Barker SES] have there data programmed into BOMS. So taking them out of the mix automatically reccomends the next nearest appropriate unit.

Ie; tree down, maclaren st, mt barker would normally reccomend adelaide hills ses, take them out of the mix [k0] and it will then automatically reccomend the next unit, sturt.

So a better result than waiting for a unit member to call in when theyre ready then using local knowledge if that person even has any idea at all...

In that case why was the next nearest appropriate brigade not?? sent for this MVA??

Don't ask me... ? lol

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2009, 09:52:08 AM »
Yes sorry that should have a not in there, changed it now.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
Didn't the issues surrounding this apparently world ending screw up, end up being discussed and straightened out on the first page of this thread...?

We all know that CRD has never been, and probably never will be perfect. Can this go around in circles anymore?

[Insert Obligatory "Bring on SACAD"]

(Because I'm sure it will solve ALL our CRD problems...)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »
I want to see more pages on this thread than the amuseing pager thread...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 10:10:09 AM »

How much does it cost every time an appliance turns out......more to the point how much does it cost when 2 trucks turn out for what was requested as a low priority attendance for a fluid spill? ??

just got two points to raise ;)

1.  I thought u were the guy that didnt trust SAAS comcen one bit...particularly the metro area operators...

2.  The SAAS ambulance probably shouldnt be the only one there, since Fire Service should have been responded within 1-2mins of the 000 call, depending on the details of the call.  (This is the generic sentence of..SAAS take ages to call other services) #no discussion required on this topic#

someone else has pointed out,  Cost is no object for the risk against life, And treating every call the same is good for a good Service level agreement. (Insert the paragragh i typed regarding, verified no entrapments etc)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:12:34 AM by Zippy »

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
more to the point how much does it cost when 2 trucks turn out for what was requested as a low priority attendance for a fluid spill??????

May i make the comment, that if it wasn't worth calling the fire service on receipt of the initial call, and the cleanup is only a low priority, then why are we being called at all? Call the council or DRT.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
SOP 35.1  Initial response to small fluid seepage, undies change only, for larger uncontrolled discharges, upgrade alarm to undies and pants, consider HAZMAT decontamination shower!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »
It was not a crash at all.   Just a broken down car, that couldn't move, and was stuck in an awkward location (eg blind corners / no street lights)...

Pip

What sorta show are you people running up that way...........NO STREET LIGHTS?

Welcome to the world of the rural area.....  :evil:

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Comms

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
I know i have a slight conflict of interest, but im interested to know the anser to this 'innocent' question...

Are people as outraged by this response;

MFS: *CFSRES INC055 28/04/09 18:15,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,GREENHILL RD,URAIDLA MAP 133 N 8 TG126,50M BELOW RANGE RD,SUMM00

?

I know you admit later in this thread that this was a bad example but just to highlight how a page alone isn't proof of incompetence.

This incident was called in on radio by a CFS State Training Officer. I clearly said to him "Summertown are not a rescue brigade. Do you require a rescue brigade responded also?" The answer was negative but there was clearly a traffic hazard that required a priority 1 response and SAPOL notification.

The RCR at Nairne wasn't handled well but it was an honest mistake on a very busy day, not that I was here. Too often MFS Comms are accused of incompetence without knowing the full story.

If you want to check the facts listen to eyretel 28/04/2009 18:16:04

Offline big bronto

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:57 AM »
Busy day what cracked the 50 and fell to pieces...

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
Not that fussed really... was just pointing out that the only reason this thread really popped up was that some minger somewhere is upset that the ses got paged to one of there calls by error, if noone had been paged as a 'rescue'at all, then noone would get all worked up and jump on the soapbox.

Offline firehawk

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »

May i make the comment, that if it wasn't worth calling the fire service on receipt of the initial call, and the cleanup is only a low priority, then why are we being called at all? Call the council or DRT.

So then it's back to plod to stay on scene for 2 hours waiting for the council to rock up...oh wait...the council would prob beat plod because they're under resourced....so it would mean SAAS leaves a crew on the scene.....this being the same SAAS that now routinely undertakes more than 1000 taskings daily?

You twats don't get it.......  You whinge when SAAS take too long to call you...or not at all...and now you're suggesting that something for which you're equipped is not your job?   

I'm sorry - i guess i mistook you for professional hardworking people......but i guess you really are public servants after all.......bravo!

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

How much is a life worth, the job is not always as it seems? Why do you all worry about cost...the money isn't coming out of your own account.

Perhaps you lot should reflect on that same statement next time you get told that there's no money available for a structural firefighting boot, or you aren't getting your nomex gold, or the replacement appliance isn't happening for another 4 years because maintainence budgets blew out when the fleet did an extra 50 000 km this year chasing little prangs so you could be a great big fend off tool......

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
Correct - as always :wink:
Ken
just another retard!

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »
Good one Boredy.........the posters were just having a good discussion whinge and then you get involved with facts, next you will probably point out to them that they are PART of the Emergency services and all life doesnt revolve around their FPA sitting in their brigades government owned 24.
Life is much easier without facts and mission statement of "seemless intergration of services" and the like.
I for one is heading back to the cave! now for some rock art with a spraycan.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 12:28:59 AM »
crikey....is there an interstate deployment on?  24 hours after a rant and not one person jumped down my throat........is everyone feeling OK?