General Discussion > OFF Topic

Swine flu pandemic

(1/6) > >>

jaff:
It seems Swine Flu (SF) starting to ramp up in the world and the World Health Organisation (WHO) has upgraded it to level 5, what this means for Australia has yet to be revealed.
So is this a media beat up?
CFS are having a teleconference today 30/4/09 to discuss this as well as other things, will there be a directive for volunteers or just your generic health warning?
Will we all end up wearing surgical masks? if so I'm going for a single white cotton glove Michael Jackson style as well!
If you are unfortunate enough to contract SF will you exhibit normal flu like symptons runny nose and a cough that has you barking like a dog or will you end up squeeling like a pig?
Is there a higher WHO grade than 5 and if so when its asked for will there be some Scottish gitt somewhere mumbling to himself "she no take it cappan, these grades were neva desinned to go to warp factor 8"?

Thoughts?....................other than Jaff your Ritalin dose is overdue! :roll:

CFS_Firey:
We're all going to die.  It's inevitable. :-(

(And if you were being serious with the WHO levels, its a scale of 1-6, so warp factor 8 sadly can't happen).

boredmatrix:
it's okay...I've got it on good authority that all firefighters won't be susceptible to swine flu...

....because it can't be contracted by turkeys!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jaff:

--- Quote from: boredmatrix on April 30, 2009, 12:38:00 PM ---it's okay...I've got it on good authority that all firefighters won't be susceptible to swine flu...

....because it can't be contracted by turkeys!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

--- End quote ---

Does that.......does that meen.........does that meen were susceptible to... avian bird flu?

TillerMan:
Can the police contract it easily?  :evil:

09:35:17 30-04-09 CFS: SIG INC: FYI: THERE WILL STILL BE A TELSTRA HOSTED TELECONFERENCE AT 1030HRS TODAY THE 30/04/09 - ALSO TO DISCUSS THE PANDEMIC FLU PLAN - SC LAWSON > 30/04/2009 9:34:57 AM 

Wonder what the plan is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version