Author Topic: Decommisioned Trucks  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Decommisioned Trucks
« on: June 23, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »
as i was looking at trucks in a yard located next to MFS Angle Park i noticed all the decommisioned CFS trucks out the back...there was quite a few of them. i wonder if eventually these will go cheap as chips at goverment auctions..They shuld just advertise them in say the Stock Journal with a price and i reckon they would move alot quicker.

Darren

Re: Decommisioned Trucks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »
They all go to auction, like all the fleet vehicles from governement, they usually get about 20,000, they are real buckets of snot, I have been to a few auctions.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 11:21:27 PM »
i have noticed they are starting to carry over at auctions. if they offered a few up as are they would move farmers would buy for fire trucks.

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
I guess some will be turned into BWC, CFS/SKILLED auctions ahve a very good selection of appliances both rural/rescue.urban.....

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
The ex Hino appliances have been fetching around the $21,000 mark and some lower, but at the end of the day the government want the maximum dollars for their vehicles so selling with a fixed price wont work.
Bearing in mind that a lot of these vehicles are now having the pumps etc stripped off them therefore rendering it useless as a fire appliance for any farmers out there.

Here is an example of a recent one based on the previous 8 weeks of auctions:
HINO 4WD FIRE TRUCK FT163K SEPTEMBER 1988 MAN Kms: 30991 $11000.00
Engine: 6 CYL (Diesel) Colour: WHITE     
Options: Air Snorkel, Bull Bar, 3 Seats, Water Tank, Locker(s)
Images are copyright

anything