Author Topic: Job Satisfaction  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Numpty

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Job Satisfaction
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering as to the amount of job satisfaction that guys feel they get from being in the MFS. I have been given mixed answers such as "You see people having really bad days" e.g. not that much job satisfaction?. I'm interested in a job that makes a difference not just $$$$$, not into an office job for a big coporation which it's top priority is making money for the shareholders.

Cheers

Monger

Re: Job Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Hi all,

Just wondering as to the amount of job satisfaction that guys feel they get from being in the MFS. I have been given mixed answers such as "You see people having really bad days" e.g. not that much job satisfaction?. I'm interested in a job that makes a difference not just $$$$$, not into an office job for a big coporation which it's top priority is making money for the shareholders.

Cheers

I have been in the MFS for approx 2 years, i absoloutely love the job. Have not had a day or night when i havnt been looking forward to going into work(bit sad, i know). 99% of the fireys are great to work with, majority of people are positive about the job(no bitching or whining like a lot of jobs), great team enviroment. Its a very satisfying job, every time we turn up at a job, no matter what it may be, the customers are happy to see us. We often get letters and phone calls to the station after incidents to thanks us for our help. Its the best job in the world!!

Subi

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:28 AM »
Hi all,

Cheers

I have been in the MFS for approx 2 years, i absoloutely love the job. Have not had a day or night when i havnt been looking forward to going into work(bit sad, i know). 99% of the fireys are great to work with, majority of people are positive about the job(no bitching or whining like a lot of jobs), great team enviroment. Its a very satisfying job, every time we turn up at a job, no matter what it may be, the customers are happy to see us. We often get letters and phone calls to the station after incidents to thanks us for our help. Its the best job in the world!!

Agree with Ferret.  I've been in for 4 months, and have not had a bad day yet.  I'm not really looking forward to holidays cos i love going to work so much.  Everyone is happy to see us.  I'll repeat 'Best Job in the World'

Offline wdnulk2no

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »
Best job in the world! After approx 2 yrs in the job I only have one complaint. Working with Ferret! after a day working with him there is certainly no job satisfaction!

Offline Citizen

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »
Great to hear that guys.. makes me more hungry to get recruited!
"He says as he sits at his desk in his own little office cubicle doing his office work... in an unsatisfying office... did I mention office?" sigh  :-(

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »
Pay is ok, lot of other jobs payless. It is easy to have a second job if you like. Shift work ( you will love or hate)
Any job has it idiots. You can have the best job in the world, but one idiot is one too many.
It is like anything in the world it is what you make it. Some guys still love the job after 20Plus years and other is is just a job. If you passionate you will love it. After a while it can look more glamorous on the outside.
All and all it is a great job.