Author Topic: Exeter house fire  (Read 3709 times)

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
Exeter house fire
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:24:24 PM »
Fire guts Exeter house

It is understood the fire started in the kitchen of the house as the occupants prepared the evening meal. The timber house was burnt to the ground.

The two occupants were able to escape the burning building, one running to their neighbours for help.

A neighbour, identifying herself only as Kathy, said her home was in the path of the wind-fanned flames.

"I just heard Betty come running out screaming "call 000 - fire"," she said.

At the height of the fire, flames reached 20m above the house and the wind was blowing them over a neighbouring residence.

"There was all these flames shooting out and we could hear bangs - something exploding," Kathy said

"The firefighters were fantastic - the first thing they did was put water on my house and they undoubtedly saved it.

"But the water kept cutting out on them.

"It would pour out really fast like you'd expect - then it'd just stop - then start to trickle again.

"But they (firefighters) did a fantastic job - they saved our house."

The MFS had to tap water main from nearby streets to obtaining sufficient water pressure to tackle the blaze.

206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Exeter house fire
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:40:53 AM »
$200,000 damage, and pretty much burnt to the ground......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:55:52 AM »
Fire guts Exeter house

The timber house was burnt to the ground.

"The firefighters were fantastic - the first thing they did was put water on my house and they undoubtedly saved it.

took me a while to work out they were talking about two seperate properties!   :-P

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
Firefighters and water...........who would'a thunk it!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

anything