Special Interest Image Posting > Emergency Vehicles

New Rescue van for CFS

(1/22) > >>

big bronto:
Peoples thoughts on this new Hyundai Rescue vehicle getting around for CFS?

Alex:
lame...

in a service where crews cannot be garaunteed, giong back to a stand alone rescue seems like a bad idea... also road crash rescue [time critical] should not be the job of a 'pod vehicle', unless it was constantly setup as RCR and only changed over to HAZMAT, but even then this seems a bad idea to me.

also, i think others have staterd it, but RCRs/VAs often turn into dang. sub. incidents... so does this mean the vehicle [and crew to load pod] wil have to leave scene and go get the HAZMAT pod???

Seriously what is the problem with just fixing up the 34s/34Ps to have some workable locker space...

Zippy:

--- Quote from: Alex on July 20, 2009, 06:11:30 PM ---lame...

in a service where crews cannot be garaunteed, giong back to a stand alone rescue seems like a bad idea... also road crash rescue [time critical] should not be the job of a 'pod vehicle', unless it was constantly setup as RCR and only changed over to HAZMAT, but even then this seems a bad idea to me.

also, i think others have staterd it, but RCRs/VAs often turn into dang. sub. incidents... so does this mean the vehicle [and crew to load pod] wil have to leave scene and go get the HAZMAT pod???

Seriously what is the problem with just fixing up the 34s/34Ps to have some workable locker space...

--- End quote ---

A brigade like Jamestown is a good example of how things should be...

34P Rescue
24P Hazmat

its just that, both of those  appliances dont have "comfortable" stowage lockers..for everything + more.

Darren:
I can see the value as a hazmat only, but not for RCR, just as a hazmat it would free up heaps of room. Often Hazmats are long distance jobs so won't tie up a Pumper or 34P, but leave 34P's and Pumpers as the RCR vehicles.

Hair:
Why not all HAZMAT brigades have a purpose built tandem axle box trailer such as Strathalbyn and supply a Logistics vehicle to go with this. I'm sure some groups could warrant an extra Command/Logistics vehicle.
Would also be a cheaper option to maintain.

Hair

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version