Author Topic: NSWRFS Training Brochure  (Read 4998 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
NSWRFS Training Brochure
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:35:26 AM »
So as I was trawling through www.rfs.nsw.gov.au to find out CABA operator stats I came across this:

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/file_system/attachments/State08/Attachment_20081028_40E52FD3.pdf

It's a grand outline of all the courses offered to those in the RFS, what they aim to achieve and how the jigsaw fits together.

Its interesting to note that they now have a distinction between Bushfire courses and a cut down Grassfire version. Sound familiar anyone?

Not to mention looking at how the PSTP modules line up the SACFS courses is food for thought.

Discuss!

(And SACFS State Training Section please note, I want you to produce one of these documents.)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NSWRFS Training Brochure
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:44:25 AM »
I did mention this some time ago Numbers - its a good read & is a practical way of documenting what happens in RFS re:training. Thanks
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »
I found something similar to this in my station, seemed outdated tho, looked very 2002-2004ish. Ill go hunt it down again...   It seemed to be a PUA course's summary and its relation to CFS....  and yes there was Respond to urban fire in it.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »
"CLV plus BAO (Breathing Apparatus Operator) certification equates to PUAFIR302A
Suppress Urban Fire – but note that CLV alone does not have a national equivalent."

So if ya do the Village Firefighter + BA youve pretty much got Suppress Urban Fire ey...    So in CFS...we are all Wildland Firefighters....

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
"CLV plus BAO (Breathing Apparatus Operator) certification equates to PUAFIR302A
Suppress Urban Fire – but note that CLV alone does not have a national equivalent."

So if ya do the Village Firefighter + BA youve pretty much got Suppress Urban Fire ey...    So in CFS...we are all Wildland Firefighters....

CLV would be Crew Leader, Village. Not just Village.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...