Author Topic: Anyone recruiting?????  (Read 10184 times)

Offline justuk

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Anyone recruiting?????
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:33:31 AM »
Haven't been on for a while, so I thought I would touch base with you all and see how you all are.
As you can see from my other posts I am moving the family down under, but would like to stay in the Fire Service if possible. Got a knock back from MFS due to no computer skills certificate, but reading on that thread alot of people had knock backs to.
I have written direct to ASA because I see they are recruiting for 2010, but if anyone has any other ideas all are welcome. And I must apologise to a couple of guys who sent private messages to me, sorry for not replying to you on your last one sooner, but i will drop you a line ASAP :-D.
Justuk

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone recruiting?????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »
Going back over your earlier posts justuk with the fire fighting qualifications you've got it shouldnt be too hard to get a job in another industry that does fire & rescue

A good idea would be to perhaps join a CFS brigade for starters and become a volunteer then apply for a job as an ESO at one of the major mines here in SA like Olympic Dam or Roxy Downs

Or if you are moving here before October-November maybe you should consider applying for a seasonal fire fighting job with Forestry SA or DEH when they start advertising for casual firies   

Kalangadoo Brigade

Darren

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »
Try Victoria, either the CFA or MFB, CFA will most likely be doing the most recruiting.

Offline justuk

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »
Thanks for those guys....don't suppose anyone has an e-mail or address for the mining company itself, each time I have tried the search over here it just comes up with news reports or friends of the earth :lol:.........Just

Offline justuk

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:29:24 AM »
OK got it now....BHP Billiton.....spoke to them. Cheers guys

anything