General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

Training Night Ideas

<< < (2/7) > >>

bajdas:
Has the brigade done a skills audit of its members ?

How does this compare to the SFEC or what you would expect the crews to do at a normal incident for your area ?

With the gaps identified between normal response type and skill set, aim to fix the issue in 3 months.

A training idea is to have an incident where the normal chain of command is disrupted (normal team leader injured) and the team needs to reform to achieve the goal (eg will someone naturally step forward to be the new team leader or will they just look at each other like a head-less-chook).

Zippy:
Back from my holiday... lol

Badjas & Pipster, great ideas there!   ...brb i gotta work ;) watch this space.

COBB:
Pip,

Can you let me know more about your '"Peter Green" hose winder handles'? (or pics)

cheers

COBB

Pipster:
We have handles that you slide under the tray on the truck, and is capable of rolling 25, 38 & 64 mm hoses on the same handle.

It means people can stand up while roll up hoses, rather than rolling them on the ground, and means you don't end up with leaves / dirt etc on the hose

It takes a little bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, we can roll hoses up far quicker (and far more comfortably) than the traditional method.

The handle was designed / built by one of our members (Peter Green) and they sell for about $150 per handle (all stainless steel).

Our brigade will NOT go back to the old way of rolling!

I have attached some pics.

Pip

COBB:
Thanks Pip,
Definitely looks worth investigating.

regards
COBB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version