General Discussion > SASES

Search at Paney Station 8th Sept

(1/3) > >>

bajdas:
Multiple volunteers paged this morning for a 12 hour shift in a land search at Paney Station. I think this is in the Gawler Ranges area.

Pt Lincoln SES
Whyalla SES
Pt Augusta SES
CFS Yalanda James
CFS Warramboo
CFS Wudinna
CFS Waddikee
CFS Warramboo
CFS Mount Damper
CFS Kimba
CFS Minnipa
CFS Cootra

bajdas:
CFS received stop call for the search via R6HQ at 1130

bajdas:
OK serious question...one wonders if I will get a serious answer from this forum...or just more baiting..... :-D    8-)

Some SES Units will have pre-made boxes that they swap into vehicles for land search (eg compasses, welfare, tents, maps, pencils, vertical, water, etc) which would not ordinarily be in the vehicle. Which boxes go in and which go out is dependant on the search area and information given.

With the distance that some of the CFS trucks would be potentially travelling to this search location, would you empty some water out of the truck to make it travel lighter ?

Pipster:
Wudinna is right next to the Gawler Ranges, - much closer than the bulk of the SES units that were called, so speed is not of the essence in this case.

Also, I reckon some of the appliance will travel more comfortably full then empty.....(or worse, half full!)

There were a number of pager messages last night, warning of a potential search today.

Pip

Zippy:
pfft, out there, if you dump 2000 Litre's of water...you'd get shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version