Author Topic: Google maps of CFS regions available  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Skillsy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Google maps of CFS regions available
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:18:27 AM »
Hi all,
   The original requirement was to plot the CFS regions but has appeared to morph into plotting all the stations which took a bit more time.

Stations have been "plonked" in or near the centre of town rather than at the fire shed.

The region border is roughly close but not exact. I reckon I am within 100kms although the region 4 and 6 border we are talking a couple of small European countries out.

The second issue was that Google hated the number of overall pins and I have had to create separate maps per region.

They are open for updates from anyone however I will probably just give a few edit rights once they are refined a bit more. Happy for brigades to use these as they want and to add places like fire towers or non-operational locations as long as they are fire related.

All Regions
Region 1
Region 2
Region 3
Region 4
Region 5
Region 6
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:07:54 PM by Skillsy »

Offline 2468

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Google maps of CFS regions available
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »
You forgot Belair!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Google maps of CFS regions available
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »
Several of the CFS stations were already marked on Google earth...... marked right on top of the relevant station....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

anything