Author Topic: Tea Tree Gully SES 2nd in national competitions  (Read 14640 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Tea Tree Gully SES 2nd in national competitions
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »

Media Release
State Emergency Service
For media enquiries telephone the SES Media Line on (08) 8211 6176
For SES response in storms or floods telephone 132 500. If the matter is life threatening telephone 000
For further information on the services provided by the SES go to www.ses.sa.gov.au

Tea Tree Gully Unit does South Australia proud
Thursday, 24 September 2009

Last weekend the Tea Tree Gully State Emergency Service (SES) Unit was the runner up in the two-day biennial National Disaster Rescue Competition, which was held in Brisbane.

The competition saw teams of volunteers from every state and territory compete against each other in a series of events that demonstrated their skill, knowledge and ability to work in a team environment in the most trying of conditions.

Participants were put through their paces in a series of staged events including a hydraulic exercise, heavy lifting exercise, a series of search and rescue operations from heights, an explosion site exercise, a blacked out building and a large bus crash.

SES Acting Chief Officer Matt Maywald praised the Tea Tree Gully Unit for their hard work and passion for volunteering, with the majority of the team having competed at a national level before.

“The Tea Tree Gully Unit is made up of highly dedicated people, committed to continuous improvement and achievement. The team that competed in Brisbane consisted of six volunteers who have been part of the SES for more than ten years,” said Mr Maywald.

“It is a fantastic achievement that the Tea Tree Gully Unit has finished in the top two places for the last two competitions

“Judging criteria included casualty management, leadership skills, rescue techniques, safety and the completion of each task. The fact that a South Australian team was judged to be one of the best in the country is something we are extremely proud of.”

South Australia will host the next National Disaster Rescue Competition in 2011.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tea Tree Gully SES 2nd in national competitions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »
Great Work TTG..just further backs up the beleif that SA Volunteer emergency service's are some of the most highly trained professional volunteers in the country!  :-)

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 12:34:52 AM »
Well done TTG SES, good to see your true skills come to the fore -front!, ........I'am still waiting to have my gutters cleaned out by the way! as per original request (task 086 I believe), priorty 2 still okay , I will upgrade priority if and when initial inspection warrants, cheers  Jaff
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline USAR123

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Tea Tree Gully SES 2nd in national competitions
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:09 PM »
Well done TTG SES, good to see your true skills come to the fore -front!, ........I'am still waiting to have my gutters cleaned out by the way! as per original request (task 086 I believe), priorty 2 still okay , I will upgrade priority if and when initial inspection warrants, cheers  Jaff

Thanks everyone..
It was a hot weekend up there for it. Swear our crew drank half of the Murray.

No probs Jaff we can upgrade it to priority 1 for you just to make it safe. LOL

Offline tythataussieguy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »

Could just grab the comby tool off one of the trucks and cut them off. :mrgreen:

Offline tythataussieguy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
State Rescue comps are this weekend and the gully is back again! Come on guys and go the gullys!!!!

Offline Andrew K

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
should be a good weekend, we've got 1 team in and a few members playing casualty

Offline Benji

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
A few more casualties are needed.. Anyone members on the board (SES or CFS) want to come and give a hand? Drop me a message.

Will be an great weekend with not a tree job or blocked gutter in sight  :evil:
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline USAR123

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »
State Rescue comps are this weekend and the gully is back again! Come on guys and go the gullys!!!!

State Rescue Comps are over for another year. 1st Tea Tree Gully 1, 2nd Noarlunga, 3rd Tea Tree Gully 2. Was a close scorecard between 1-2 and 2-3

So off to the Wayville Showgrounds we go for the Nationals on 9 - 10 July.

Was a good weekend all up. The rain decided to show up and see how the comps went but that didn't deter anyone.

Offline Andrew K

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
was a good weekend its a very different experince from working on the trucks doing storm jobs an building impacts, definatly relies on the team leader to be on the ball.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »
Congrats to all seven teams competing. I viewed the stands on Sunday & was amazed at the complicated scenarios. Add in wet weather & it is amazing what the crews can do safely.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

anything