Author Topic: New CFS QRV's  (Read 34145 times)

ltdan

Re: New CFS QRV's
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 03:51:23 AM »
So has anyone been near Angle Park to see if there is any new QRV's around? Anyone know how Upper Sturt are finding there new one on the Nissan Patrol?

Great small fire appliance !!

Has been to several fire responses where a 14 canter or bigger would not fit.

Pump is good, can pump water from the branch of the hosereel 30 metres.

Equipment allocation well thought out and designed.

Had a small problem with a diesel leak from the modified fuel tank but has been rectified.

Besides that great little truck.

I believe they are building another 6 at the moment, but not 100% sure

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:24 AM »
So has anyone been near Angle Park to see if there is any new QRV's around? Anyone know how Upper Sturt are finding there new one on the Nissan Patrol?

Great small fire appliance !!

Has been to several fire responses where a 14 canter or bigger would not fit.

Pump is good, can pump water from the branch of the hosereel 30 metres.

Equipment allocation well thought out and designed.

Had a small problem with a diesel leak from the modified fuel tank but has been rectified.

Besides that great little truck.

I believe they are building another 6 at the moment, but not 100% sure

Oh nice its good to hear some positve reports about something for once. Yea someone said they think Tumby Bay got one a few weeks back i reckon these and bulk water carriers will become pretty prominent in next 20 years!

Offline senti@nt

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
I know when we first used the QAV operationally before it went to Upper Sturt it had a few niggles, maybe caused by unfamiliarity.  The one way valve from tank to pump can cause a big boom (which it did when I gave it water from an ol' dakka dakka) when someone inadvertantly tries to fill from the pump inlet rather than the tiny hydrant fill line and secondly the bleeder valve on top of the tank had to be lifted to bleed out the air before the tank blew up like a balloon.  The latter probably just a fault.  The one way valve could have been a problem moreso in the fact it would (and did) render the QAV U/S from a minor mistake by filling up from the wrong green inlet.

My only niggles would be the small diameter hydrant fill piping which didn't seem help with speedy tank fills, actually took a fair amount of time to fill the little tank and secondly that damn check valve...

My opinion only.

Offline ftstn

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »
With refilling the tank, is there a recirculation pipe back in to the top of the tank?, on the TFS version we fill through the suction inlet with a length of 64mm duraline, we open the Tank to pump valve and also the Recirc valve with is a two way valve that also feeds the 38mm and 25mm outlet, then turn the standpipe on takes about 5 minutes to fill ( might need a photo to make this clear Let me Know)

Maffu

ltdan

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:56 AM »
I know when we first used the QAV operationally before it went to Upper Sturt it had a few niggles, maybe caused by unfamiliarity.  The one way valve from tank to pump can cause a big boom (which it did when I gave it water from an ol' dakka dakka) when someone inadvertantly tries to fill from the pump inlet rather than the tiny hydrant fill line and secondly the bleeder valve on top of the tank had to be lifted to bleed out the air before the tank blew up like a balloon.  The latter probably just a fault.  The one way valve could have been a problem moreso in the fact it would (and did) render the QAV U/S from a minor mistake by filling up from the wrong green inlet.

My only niggles would be the small diameter hydrant fill piping which didn't seem help with speedy tank fills, actually took a fair amount of time to fill the little tank and secondly that damn check valve...

My opinion only.

The smaller diameter hydrant fill point has not changed.   But it would not take longer than 2 minutes to fill a tank.  If anything the way the tank system over flows is more of an issue than the time it takes to fill a tank.  The check valve would only be a problem if you filled via the suction inlet and not the hydrant inlet.

With refilling the tank, is there a recirculation pipe back in to the top of the tank?, on the TFS version we fill through the suction inlet with a length of 64mm duraline, we open the Tank to pump valve and also the Recirc valve with is a two way valve that also feeds the 38mm and 25mm outlet, then turn the standpipe on takes about 5 minutes to fill ( might need a photo to make this clear Let me Know)

Maffu

No there is no recirculation pipe straight back into the top of the tank.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Dear CFS,

Welcome to 2010, you do realise you're meant to be able to fill the tank VIA the collectors?

With love,
Anyone who knows anything about firefighting
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 03:05:56 AM »
seconded

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »
i see the new QRV'S are at Angle Park the Vic built ones yet to be badged as of yet!

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
Can somone explain this "not beign able to fill the truck from the inlets" does this mean you can;t realistically relay?  So far all the hydrant fills i have come accross are extra baggage on the truck and If you are taught how to pump properly use the real inlets.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »
04-11-10 17:14:37 Handover and familiarisation of new QRV next Tues 9th Nov at 1900 hrs at station. Be good to get as many there as possible - Capt. - CFS Tanunda Info

Anyone know who else is getting a new one or extra vehicle?

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
Can somone explain this "not beign able to fill the truck from the inlets" does this mean you can;t realistically relay?  So far all the hydrant fills i have come accross are extra baggage on the truck and If you are taught how to pump properly use the real inlets.

You can still relay pump as the water is just going into the collectors, being energised by the pump and then out the deliveries to the next pump. If there is no dedicated Pump to Tank valve or recirculation valve (Yeah, generally the same thing, just different diameters) then the only way to back fill the tank is to crack the Tank to Pump valve, assuming that its not a one way valve. If thats the case then... well... *sigh*
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...