Author Topic: Fire Season  (Read 6078 times)

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Fire Season
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »
I wonder if the Fire Season in Region 1 will be brought forward.
Due to the weather over the next week.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Season
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »
doesn't there have to be 14 days notice given if bringing the start date forward?  if so, it's only 4 more days until it doesn't matter anyway.  Can always have TFB days if warranted.

Darren

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »
It's to late now, and like Darius said, just because it's not the fire season doesn't mean you can't have a TFB.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
FDI's barely reaching 20-30's.....its just Hot, not really dangerous...

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 01:09:37 PM »
FDI's barely reaching 20-30's.....its just Hot, not really dangerous...

But.....But......But, the SES have issued a warning and........your'e right who listens to them anyway :evil:
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
Why are the SES releasing health warnings regarding the heat, bit like CFS issuing shark watch info?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Benji

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
SES is the Hazard Leader for Extreme Weather under State Emergency Management arrangements & State Legislation.

While most people think of extreme weather as storms it also includes events like heat waves, so it has the job of coordinating activities surrounding this heat event.

Most of this is done at a state level by paid staffers, who work closely with Health and other departments as required.
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »
apparently more people die in heatwaves than obvious extream weather.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
SES is the Hazard Leader for Extreme Weather under State Emergency Management arrangements & State Legislation.

While most people think of extreme weather as storms it also includes events like heat waves, so it has the job of coordinating activities surrounding this heat event.

Most of this is done at a state level by paid staffers, who work closely with Health and other departments as required.

oh yes and we all listen to people with no medical background about health related issues....

It's like me trying to sell you lot a firetruck (sic) because I see them at work sometimes on the road....and I work alongside firies at VA's...and I sat in one once....And I did a workplace Fire Extinguisher course once....and I once owned a Scania...and a Hino...and a mitsubishi canter..... and that makes me an expert! 

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »
On the other hand, how "expert" do you have to be to state the bleedin' obvious?
It would be more logical for the warning to come from SAAS or the Health Dept.
In the end, what does it matter whose logo is on the warning? Who takes notice
of them anyway?
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
oh yes and we all listen to people with no medical background about health related issues....

It's like me trying to sell you lot a firetruck (sic) because I see them at work sometimes on the road....and I work alongside firies at VA's...and I sat in one once....And I did a workplace Fire Extinguisher course once....and I once owned a Scania...and a Hino...and a mitsubishi canter..... and that makes me an expert! 

Regardless of their health expertise, it's still their legislated responsibility.
If an act of parliament said that boredmatrix was responsible for the sale of firetrucks, you'd at least give it a shot wouldn't you?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 08:33:47 AM »
On the other hand, how "expert" do you have to be to state the bleedin' obvious?
It would be more logical for the warning to come from SAAS or the Health Dept.
In the end, what does it matter whose logo is on the warning? Who takes notice
of them anyway?

Gee the TV news reports I have seen this week all have had Health, SAAS detailing the warnings. Not one SES person in the shot...

Co-ordinating the media, aircon buildings to be open, etc, etc does not mean they need to respond or be media.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

Regardless of their health expertise, it's still their legislated responsibility.
If an act of parliament said that boredmatrix was responsible for the sale of firetrucks, you'd at least give it a shot wouldn't you?

hehe...fair point.  For them it's marketing....for me......I'll take anyones money!

might have to Lobby for the legislated right to be the sole seller of appliances to CFS.....surely can't be that hard can it?  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:05 AM »
might have to Lobby for the legislated right to be the sole seller of appliances to CFS.....surely can't be that hard can it?  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well you can't do much worse than some of the trucks out there, and it's pretty much a licence to print money... :P