Author Topic: Move out the way! New SPRINT and BRU campaign  (Read 25576 times)

JW

Move out the way! New SPRINT and BRU campaign
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
Hi guys

SA Ambulance Service has a couple of new clips on YouTube I’d love you to check out! They are about the new Single Paramedics Response INTervention (SPRINT) and bicycle paramedics out and about in metro Adelaide.

We’re trying to raise awareness about the changing face of ambulance services and that even thought these cars and bikes don’t look like a ‘normal’ ambulance, they are still on their way to an emergency and people need to move out the way.

I’d love your help spreading the message!

You can check out the clips at www.youtube.com/user/saambulanceservice

Cheers
JW

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Move out the way! New SPRINT and BRU campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
lol- nice to see a gov't dept catching up with marketing campaigns that bear some relativity to what we do!  ....And viral marketing too...who would have thought??  Has SAAS finally lifted their game and gotten some real people in their marketing dept??  BRAVO!

...and I guess 12 months after it's been put on the road it is still something 'new'.  Better late than never!!!

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:53:58 AM »
It is pretty good to see that SAAS are taking a fairly modern approach to getting their messages and info out there, however I feel that people have trouble giving way to normal sized Ambulances let alone these new ones. Too many times have I seen idiots just race in front of an Ambulance entering an intersection. I think that there needs to be more hard hitting advertising to bring peoples attention around. Perhaps SAPOL can allow Ambulances to be fitted with cameras which Paramedics can use to report people who blatantly don't give way?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »
It is pretty good to see that SAAS are taking a fairly modern approach to getting their messages and info out there, however I feel that people have trouble giving way to normal sized Ambulances let alone these new ones. Too many times have I seen idiots just race in front of an Ambulance entering an intersection. I think that there needs to be more hard hitting advertising to bring peoples attention around. Perhaps SAPOL can allow Ambulances to be fitted with cameras which Paramedics can use to report people who blatantly don't give way?

And maybe mount .50cal weapons on the front of the ambulance for serial offenders, the bright side of the situation would be medical attention would be close at hand! :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
If you want small and fast ambulances how about going back to this type   :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 08:50:28 AM »

Where's the money going to come from?
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 02:05:04 PM »
Just received a registration renewal notice for a car and advertising material was included about moving 'out of the way' for the pushbikes & SPRINT SAAS vehicles.

Certainly an extensive media campaign.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »
The cameras would eventually pay for themselves. They dont have to be mounted in all trucks, just metropolitan ones where I believe most of these issues would occur.

And yes, I saw the SPRINT flyers in the rego letters too.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 10:34:20 AM »
I dont think approval would be needed from SAPol? Just an in service SAAS thing really. But having video evidence of people failing to yield would be nice... would be nice in a few MFS/CFS trucks around the place as well....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »
Bugger the cameras just have metal nudge bars on the front of the sprint vehicles instead  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »
I know this is an old topic but are there SPRINT cars in volunteer stations and full time stations like Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Port Augusta, Renmark, Berri, Victor, Goolwa ect?

Will719

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
ah, Goolwa isn't full time, and yes, most busy stations do run a SPRINT team. Usually classed with 500 or 40 or 1; ie V500 (usually an 18:00 start), V40 (also sporting standby), or V1.This is an example for Victor Harbor, who are classed as V. 

Will719

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
I think most paid country stations run their SPRINT team nightly or daily but you don't see them paged. That's something I heard from a guy who was in SAAS.

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
V500 usually operates out of an Ambulance not a SPRINT car and is usually a spare team member. Essentially operates uner the same idea as SPRINT.

a 40 call sign usually means its a not operational crew. EG, an RTL with Cert II students on board doing some driving can use the call sign 'ST40' for example. They can be called upon to help if required but they aren't actively seeking jobs so to speak.

Will719

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »
Yeah sorry about that. A VTL operates from Strathalbyn and can work in the South Coast too. Call sign is OC9.

(Cheers to Alan; courtesy of info provided by him via Ozfire  :-D, thanks mate)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
a cert II and cert IV can crew together and be classed as full crew,, the V40 callsign is often used for the 4x4 landcruiser ambulance based in victor and a spare team member or TL that crews it for a job
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Will719

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »
Courtesy of Google Maps; this is the land cruiser that Alan's talking about, here at the Victor Ambulance Station. Most likely it has got the new markings that all SAAS ambulances have. 

misterteddy

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:58 PM »
Yeah sorry about that. A VTL operates from Strathalbyn and can work in the South Coast too. Call sign is OC9.

(Cheers to Alan; courtesy of info provided by him via Ozfire  :-D, thanks mate)

actually....he's an RTL....small matter of $$ being the difference

Will719

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 07:55:40 AM »
AS everyone has most likely figured out, I'm not in SAAS. But I am interested in working around the fleurieu and south coast with them in the not too distant future. I have been told via other people that the VTL or RTL (whatever one it is) only attends major incidents when requested by a crew. They are more involved in the admin and coordinating training for vollie stations. This is really more for my personal interest. Can any one add to that?

Will719

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »
V500 usually operates out of an Ambulance not a SPRINT car and is usually a spare team member. Essentially operates uner the same idea as SPRINT.

I just think working a single responder out of an emergency ambulance defeats the purpose of having a SPRINT like vehicle that sits in the vehicle bay. Anyhow, thanks for the info. 

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »
but there is no sprint vehicle sitting in the bay at victor, it may just be a spare ambulance sitting at the station or something similar.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:39 PM »
As I understand it, SPRINT cars aren't actually sitting at a station, waiting for a job - the Sprint member picks up the car from a specific base, and goes out & about for the day.  Generally, when they don't have jobs, they sit around at strategic locations, and await a job...

They also work the metro area, and only run between around 0700 & 2300 Hrs.

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 219678377231221312

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
I think I know what you're trying to say. I think when you mean SPRINT, you mean Land cruiser 4X4. There is no SPRINT in that area, there is the RTL who operates out of a ford territory, and he is based at Strath. Sometimes Goolwa utilize a SPRINT to car pool vollies around. As for the 4X4, most carry patients and is usually the V500 person works out of until V76 is free. 

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
Just to clarify SPRINT cars are metro area only, the RTL's are in the country.

ACTL's operate in metro area ie LE1,LW1,LN1,LS1 and all drive Ford Territories.

There are also numerous managers "Oscar etc" callsigns and CSO's floating around which can also first respond to jobs.

If you want to ask a question about SPRINT, Chris Howie who is the Team Leader will set you straight. :wink: 
Images are copyright

Offline Defer

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »
Hi there

Here in the South East we have two main managers that control the patch where I work; they being OS3 (Mt Gambier) and OS11 (Millicent). The only reason SPRINT are operational is because Adelaide is a city of 1 million, therefore bigger population to care for and also so that they can access patients from one suburb to another. Firstly the thing about a country town is that nothing is too far away, meaning an emergency ambulance is sufficient for the area to be covered. Secondly SPRINT are not based at a station meaning you could have a paramedic based at maccas for the day, (leading to my third reason) that country towns don't get enough calls to support a SPRINT team.

Regards Will :) 
SA Ambulance Service
South East Region

anything