Author Topic: SAAS PTO intake 2010  (Read 8388 times)

Offline saambo

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
SAAS PTO intake 2010
« on: December 23, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

Anyone know when SAAS will be accepting applications for Patient Transfer Officers in 2010? I applied in 2009 but had to withdraw as another employment oppurtunity had arisen at the time, I am still interested in becoming a PTO what is the likelyhood of gaining F/T employment as a PTO?

Any current SAAS employees please do not hesitate to contact me!

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:30:50 PM by sabrutha »

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: SAAS PTO intake 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »
dont be too surprised if there isnt much of an intake at all this year...if ever.

Theres about to be a couple of new players in the Patient transfer game enter the market and SAAS will gracefully (or otherwise) slowly withdraw from most of it. Its one of the reason almost all of the last guys to enter got Casual contracts

Depending on your motivation for joining PTS, you may find life with these new companies is a little more financially rewarding than SAAS (just to put it out there....i have no tie to either of them), but if ur wanting Emerg work longer term, then that may not be where u want to go

Having said all that.....SAAS will probably start recruiting next week, just to prove me wrong......( I can see Ray sitting there going.....HR? BK (big kahuna) here.....recruit a few PTS types will you....just to filtered over that CnD bloke)  :lol:

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »
I was thinking of leaving RAH and working for PTS while I study, but I have realised that I love the RAH and my hours are incredibly flexible. I also think I will see more emergency cases (or at least cases where I will have to use my skills) as a SAAS Volly, which I will apply to be once I get my full licence.

What companies are coming in?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

360Joules

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »
 :-)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:17:00 PM by 360Joules »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
I was speaking to SAAS HR yesterday re call-taker or dispatcher position. Different positions than topic, but I thought I would add in the information.

The person indicated the next intake for AMbulance Call-Takers & Dispatch will be by next month.

I will wait until 2011 before considering another career change.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

360Joules

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »
 :-).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:17:15 PM by 360Joules »

Offline allouthere

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:01 AM »
SAAS makes most of its money off of transfers so i dont think they will get rid of PTS in the near future, even more so when they are slowing upgrading PTS/ESS as well as slowly introducing more cars into the PTS/ESS game including more country transfer cars or RMTS. and there should be an intake this year.

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
Advert for Call takers in Saturdays paper for those intereested

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »
Cheers Mr CrashnDash :)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »

ah fudge mr crashndash, only part time jobs! doh

Offline excelcare

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 06:37:10 AM »
Bit of a shame I can't apply for another 2 years. Stupid government package.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 07:13:27 AM »
is there a restriction on government employee's going for another position within a number of years???  Woulda thought it'd be easy for internal transfers...

360Joules

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 08:19:38 AM »

ah fudge mr crashndash, only part time jobs! doh

:-)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:17:37 PM by 360Joules »

Offline excelcare

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
No the only restriction on government employees is if you take a package due to TSP, worker redemption (work comp payout) etc. In my case was a redemption and had to sign a form to say could not apply for employment within the government for three years. I have only 2 years to go now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:55:20 PM by wjw »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »
Base salary is $45K so with rolled in rate its about $58K pa..... even pro rate the part time job may still be good coin? :wink:

PS very few people stay part time. Most become FT very quickly assuming your not a knob.

Just curious, what do you mean "rolled in rate" ? I have just called them and the position is late morning start to early evening finish.

Not part of the 2 day, 2 night, 4 off shift = no shift allowances...
Andrew Macmichael

Offline whitecloud

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »
Base salary is $45K so with rolled in rate its about $58K pa..... even pro rate the part time job may still be good coin? :wink:

PS very few people stay part time. Most become FT very quickly assuming your not a knob.

Just curious, what do you mean "rolled in rate" ? I have just called them and the position is late morning start to early evening finish.

Rolled in rate is in place of shift allowances. Using some calculator-thingie they work out the amount of penalty on average you'll be earning, and make it a yearly percentage (lots, lots more figuring goes into it than that apparently. I'm just not really in the know about exactly what). This way, you don't end up going rich week/ Poor week like you do when you're paid your penalties in arrears.

Sorry if  this makes no sense, my explainometer is not necessarily working

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »

Rolled in rate is in place of shift allowances. Using some calculator-thingie they work out the amount of penalty on average you'll be earning, and make it a yearly percentage (lots, lots more figuring goes into it than that apparently. I'm just not really in the know about exactly what). This way, you don't end up going rich week/ Poor week like you do when you're paid your penalties in arrears.

Sorry if  this makes no sense, my explainometer is not necessarily working

Thanks...your explainometer is working perfectly. I have worked the shift roster in a previous position & that 'averaging' of shift allowances was done then.

People will just need to check that this part-time position attracts the 'rolled in rate'...from what I understand I think this is a base salary position only.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »
welcome to the first round of cost efficient staffing....coming to a SAAS station near you.....

if you dont roster those peskie overpaid SAAS types on nights, when theres no work and they can sleep all the time....then they dont need that cushy RIR....and our Health Budget is better off, and theres more vehicles on the road between 8am and 4pm when the (perceived) public need is higher. This means u could get by with a RIR crew starting later at 2ish (1400ish for non SAAS paramedics) say...and finishing at say....0400. One RIR crew per station instead of 2.....38% ish cut in salary costs......

Think it cant happen?

Offline allouthere

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
hmmm but then there are some country stations that are on as much as 61% RIR to do nights on call.