Author Topic: Status of SES Port Lincoln LHQ  (Read 4928 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Status of SES Port Lincoln LHQ
« on: December 24, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Media reports are that the Port Lincoln SES Headquarters was burnt out at the Port Lincoln fires yesterday.

But I thought they were in the new complex with MFS and CFS on the same area. If so, how did the fire affect one services without affecting the others ?

Also, did the Unit loose the boat & vehicles or just the shed and equipment they could not move quickly ?

Any local information would be appreciated.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Status of SES Port Lincoln LHQ
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 08:47:28 AM »
the new complex isnt complete is it?

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
New complex isnt complete yet.

Main station was burnt along with a few vollies cars i believe. One shed with equipment saved, boat also saved. All appliances apart from an old bus were already out at the job, so no damage to them.

Darren

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
Luckily they are building a new one, but still a pain in the butt, feel sorry for the vols who lost cars, hope they are looked after, and thank goodness the boat was saved, they do a lot of work with that.

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »
Just got back from the Lincoln fires but from what I saw as we did have a nosey at the unit or whats left of the unit. The shed that they have all the equipment in was saved along with the fuel shed.

Unfortunately the main building where the offices, comms , catering and training are was completely gutted. Even the bus that was outside looked like it was hardly affected. Yes vehicles were lost in the fire but they seem to be only the ones that they have in their RCR play area.

In the same complex was the regional operation (communication)unit shed that was gutted. The Vol's from Lincoln were certainly putting on a brave face when I saw them yesterday.
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Offline CFSFirey661

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
Unfortunately the main building where the offices, comms , catering and training are was completely gutted. Even the bus that was outside looked like it was hardly affected. Yes vehicles were lost in the fire but they seem to be only the ones that they have in their RCR play area.

In the same complex was the regional operation (communication)unit shed that was gutted. The Vol's from Lincoln were certainly putting on a brave face when I saw them yesterday.

Yeah that is correct the comms/office building was totally destroyed however the shed that houses the vehicles and boat was saved. None of the Vollies cars were damaged and they managed to get a lot of the expensive/important equipment out in time. However there were several cars used only for RCR training that were destroyed.

As for the new base... Its not complete yet, so I guess they will keep their vehicles at the current shed and give their new base the hurry up so they can move in early in the new year.