General Discussion > SASES

Murray bridge SES

(1/9) > >>

jason:
Does anyone know why Murray Bridge SES is folding? Been told they will be fully closed by mid this year? They have already handed over RCR to MFS...

Darren:
What the, is this fair dinkum, bit of a risky area to not have SES for their boat capability ?

Baxter:
If it is is true I would suspect that it has become a victim of lack of volunteers. The unit is quite strategically placed in the mallee and service a large area besides the Brigade

Baxter:
Just had a bit of a look and found no official indication that this unit has disappear in fact it looks like it still open for business.

I hope this utterance is not based on a page message that responded MFS to a MVA if so it may be a case of MFS being responded to something that is inside the town. This is no different to what occurs in Whyalla where the MFS respond to in town incidents and a joint SES / MFS responce is given for outside town incidents.

Darren:
I also enquired with a local and he was of the opinion they are VERY low on numbers, hence the regular off lines.

It happens, hope they can get though it.

By the way Mallee Fire,there is no dual response for RCR in whyalla, the only reason they ever go is for lighting or if the MFS are already busy, but Pt Augusta go for COQ if they are busy so thats rare. Often when they are responded off the bat is a mistake.

If SES in Murray Bridge is offline Murray Bridge MFS is default rescue for all of the SES area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version