Author Topic: New 34P  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
New 34P
« on: September 06, 2005, 12:03:47 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad comments about the new 34P's I drove one at the royal show and its nnice to drive and love the locker set up, but there a few things that I think could be better. such as pump is a little more complex than normal and got a few people confused.
But overall i think they are a nice truck.
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Re: New 34P
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 12:32:54 PM »

Source: Royal Adelaide Show Practice From: Ashley Hosking September 2005 http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/

I Have To Agree With You There They Are Quite Nice Trucks, Good Use Of Space & The Way The Ladder Raises So That You Can Get Easy Access Is Very Nice.

I Want One :-D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 04:44:23 PM by CyberCitizen »

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 07:01:26 AM »
They both look good,and I would have to say that the one made by skilled is the best workmanship is great and I would like to see one in action so who has got one???

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »
Changed Image To An Action Shot.

Not Sure Who Has One Yet As The 2 At The Show Are New & Have Not Been Issued To Brigades Yet.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:56:53 PM »
Virginia, Norton Summit and Tanunda have had one delivered, Keith and Coober Pedy were at NE Isuzu last week and i believe Birdwood are in line to get one, dont know of any others.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:26:23 AM »
The appliances themselves look quite nice. I believe there are some new storage ideas as well?? can anyone enlighten us?

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
The Main Thing I Like About The New 34P's Is The Option To Fill The Truck From The Site With A One Way Valve, You Don't Need To Have The Truck Running It Makes Filling Up Very Easy.

The BA Cylinders Are Good With Easy Access As They Drop Down On Arms.  I Might See If I Can Get Some Photos Tomorrow Night.

Filler Lengths Are Stored Between The Crew Cab & Work Platform, Its A Bit Hard To Explain, But I Will See If I Can Get Some Photos.

The Crew Cab Has A Normal Light & Fluro Light As Well, Lights Up The Cab Really Well.

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »
Yes I will have to agree with the BA sets, I think with the lift down arms that can be moved to almost any height they are an excellent idea.
The lockers are good, i like the idea of roller door style similar to MFS appliances. As for all the other storage spots they arent bad.
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 11:03:30 AM »
From a looks point of view the new 34p is a far cry from the old Hino days.There are some great ideas on this vehicle.On the down side the vehicle has not a very good turning circle,is manufactured with sharp edges on floor decks,cheap zinc bolts that will rust in a couple of years,lacks real pumping capabilities,has cheap heavy hose on it with wayjacks couplings that keep getting caught in the rollers causing the hose reel chain to come off.We had to move the BA sets in 70mm as they catch on the roller shutter tracks.with that too there is no support under the locker 3mm floor bolting the BA holders down.I dont like how the standpipe is placed under the cab,there is no room for a water trolley to be put anywhere easy to get off.its all money i guess.