Author Topic: Julia Farr  (Read 4402 times)

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Julia Farr
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »
Just wondering what type of alarm the fire at Julia Farr would have been? This was late last year and at first it was thought that it was the actual hospital part and not the abandoned building next to it.

I was at the fire and noticed there was HAZMAT BA, 1 CFS truck, Bronto, Command Vehicle, 1 Ambulance, SAAS TL, SAPOL detectives, unmarked MFS vehicles.

I was there with the State Controller for disasters (health and medical), so I assuming it was the highest level response?

Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Julia Farr
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
Initially dispatched as an A risk [highest 'risk' category] which brings 3 pumps an aerial and the district officer. It was visible from comcen though, which made it a confirmed job... which for an A risk is automatically second alarm, a further 3 pumps, second aerial, BA/HAZMAT tender & ICV [comms]. The DO then upgraded it to third alarm en route [another 3 pumps], as it was feared it was the housing block, so man power would be needed for evacuations considering the situation of some of the patients...

So 9 pumps, 2 aerials, BA support, ICV...

Along with those trucks there would have been various safety officers, commanders, etc...

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
To put it simply though, Third Alarm A Risk.

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
I see, so this would be the same response if a confirmed fire was at the RAH?

And it was all very cool to see all that stuff out and in action, thanks for explaining it to me!
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:39:44 PM »
The RAH would also be an A risk, although its also considered a 'special risk' being a major hospital. A 'confirmed incident' [multiple triple zeros, AFA+triple zero, k88 or 99 on arrival] it would get the same automatic upgrade to second alarm... after that it would be up to the IC.

anything