Author Topic: Ambulance Officers / Patient Transport Officers advert on seek  (Read 5643 times)

Offline EmesisBag

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Saw this in my inbox this morning...

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=72&PageNumber=1&jobid=16877677

IMS Patient Transport Services (IMS) is a licensed provider of Non-Emergency Ambulance Services pursuant to the Health Care Act 2008.

IMS is a professional South Australian owned and operated organisation.

We are seeking applications from qualified and suitably experienced Ambulance Officers (ATS/PTS) to undertake a range of low acuity patient transport services in a Non-Emergency setting.  SAAS ATS/PTS experience will be highly regarded as well as Paramedic or Registered Nurse qualification.

Four FTE permanent positions are available in the first intake.  Candidates also have access to overtime.

IMS remuneration is based on SAAS award rates and conditions (including any increments and award changes).

We have intakes for a number of positions commencing April, May and June.

IMS Patient Transport Officers can also undertake rotations into our Industrial Medic Services 24 hour Occupational Injury business.

Before applying, please ensure you meet the following criteria:-

* You must hold a minimum qualification of Certificate IV Basic Emergency Care or Certificate IV Emergency Medical Technician.
    * Such qualification is from an RTO and current (incl. recertified) within the previous 24 months
    * You are a permanent Australian resident;
    * You have a current unrestricted drivers licence and can confidently provide a statement of driving record.

To apply, please send your CV/resume including the following:-

* Copy of all relevant qualifications / training
    * (3) professional references
    * National Police Clearance certificate

Applicants must be prepared to undertake a pre-employment medical /fitness assessment including Drug & Alcohol screening.

SAAS Volunteers are also encouraged to apply.

All applicants who successfully meet all of the above criteria will be advised in writing before progressing to interview and next stage in selection.

A 12 week probationary period applies.

360Joules

Re: Ambulance Officers / Patient Transport Officers advert on seek
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:02 AM »
 :-)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:18:53 PM by 360Joules »

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
keep talking 360...its all evidence..lol

funny how all of a sudden we arent bagging the people concerned and approve of (only) this service - despite there being plenty of comment previously about the previous iteration of this company and despite other companies clearly paying at or above the award rates

coincedence...nah, unlikely

360Joules

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
Evidence ??? filtered

I clearly state again... I'm not in favour of Privates companies but if they are going to be a reality then they need to play by the rules of licence, equipment, qualifications and awards for staff.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:19:19 PM by 360Joules »

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:16 PM »
Hi  guys, new to the team.  Interesting part of the advert is that the Cert IV qualification needs to have been gained or re-accredited in the last 24 months. - That lets out the majority of SAAS PTS Officers - SAAS does not re-accredit anyone

Offline medic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »
I agree that there is a problem with pts reacreditation and training. I know a volunteer whom has to go back to their volly station to get accredited so she can keep up to date. This is madness. People are only human and do forget things over time

Offline Blackfoot

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
The other way to get reaccreditation is to go via the AREMT who will do so by challenge exam and skills RPL. I believe they have a local assessor who have done this for SAAS personnel wishing to work overseas.

Offline saambo

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »
The other way to get reaccreditation is to go via the AREMT who will do so by challenge exam and skills RPL. I believe they have a local assessor who have done this for SAAS personnel wishing to work overseas.

Blackfoot I am sure you are the local AREMT assessor in Adelaide! I have checked out the AREMT website and listed assessors are <Removed Name> and <Removed Name> for South Australia

Mod Note:
-Members of the forum should not be identified without their permission
-Fixed quoting
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:53:32 AM by Mike »

anything