Author Topic: IMS Ambulance Services  (Read 22020 times)

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: IMS Ambulance Services
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Who operates the ADF ambulances? Are they Paramedics? Is it a special service within the ADF?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

misterteddy

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 11:37:46 PM »
Who operates the ADF ambulances? Are they Paramedics? Is it a special service within the ADF?

umm....let's say at a guess.....the ADF!!!....thats the Army, Air Force or Navy, not Any Dumb filtered fyi...

Who would man them.....mechanics, cooks, gun runners or....umm...Medics maybe?

Defence medics practice across a range of levels, from Cert IV equiv through to ICP equiv

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
I know what the ADF is and I know that a medic would use them...No need for a sarcastic answer.

I was wondering if it would be Nursing staff or field medic or someone qualified to a Paramedic type of level.

Under what circumstances are they used? From military establishments to public hospitals only? The Sprinter I have seen would not be very battlefield worthy. 

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
The drivers of army medical transport are drivers - pure & simple. If you are an authorised driver - you can drive a "blood box". they are considered the same as any other type of transport.
They may have medics on board - refer to previous comments re qualifications.
They are used as the ADF feel fit - Defence Act 1903, the ADF is not answerable to the states! However gentlemens agreements, MOU's etc have been developed over the years. Did you know that the operator of a military (army navy) vehicle does not require a state drivers licence? And the ADF is not required to pay state taxes/tolls (think registration).The ADF does not need the ok from the states! However nice idea to "consult" saves problems for the GG!
I'm not sure what the point of your questions are?
However I'm sure if you would like to know more, the services are always on the lookout for the right type of people to fill their ranks! Bearing in mind recruit course prior to any other course you may consider! As for flashing lights - really???? Does it really matter?
I hope I have cleared up your questions (by the way ADF compared to ST Johns? Chalk and cheese).
In closing a "field medic" is not a first aider (as one so politely put it one day - her job is to put my parts into a body bag when I f**k up! So they are the second line in medical treatment (all soldiers are trained to senior first aid sucking chest wounds etc).
I hope that answers your questions, If not contact one of the field ambulance units I'm sure they will help (& maybe offer you are job?)
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
Cool. Just interested to find out how they were operated. I was familiar with field ambulances based on the Bushmaster and M113 and other armoured types of vehicles but had never seen a Sprinter based road ambulance in the ADF. Just interested to see what they are are used for and how!

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
Sorry mate - may have come across too strong :oops: Basically when you join the ADF - they own your bod (& perhaps mind?). Therefore they have their own emergency services - this has been modified over the years due to public sector money saving solutions. However basically they tend to look after their own, facilities have equipped medical centres, hospitals in major locations(there was a new beautiful one at Puckapunyal in the 90's for example)& also use the repat hospitals & private facilities as well. So the ambulances are used for emergency response, as well as patient transfer (e.g. I was transferred from a private hospital after an operation to the previously mentioned hospital).By the way they also have the best staff! I do remember a MOU that if military vehicles were involved in accidents then the civil services would provide life saving support until a military ambulance arrived on scene, but that was in a major population centre with numerous large bases around!
Anyway I hope that helps further - cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
Pic of one of their cars in the CBD....
Images are copyright

Offline brenjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
cool havent seen one of those before!  :-D thanks!