Author Topic: station numbers again  (Read 12946 times)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: station numbers again
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »
But still the days of press button siren activation were very affective as our station siren in Kalangadoo could be heard a long distance... as for the station siren being set off by SOC that has since long gone as Kalangadoo brigade used to have the siren set off by either Penola or Millicent base for fire calls but this system isnt used anymore
Kalangadoo Brigade

Wagon 1

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 03:11:42 PM »
You may not have the interface installed yet, 98% of stations can have the siren set off by SOC, depends if CFS HQ have got around to installing in it in your station. But my station has it and we use it on occasions in summer.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »
I hope that the interfaces are installed at Penola & Millicent bases before the fire season comes along because whenever Kalangadoo is paged myself or other brigade volunteers have to wait for 5 mintues and if no one turns up in that specified time limit we have to set of the siren manually

Plus it would be alot easier once the interface consoles are installed are installed in both Wattle Range Division operation bases so should a limited crew rock up at any station in this division all that is required to set the siren off is a radio call to Wattle Range Base or State Operations

I know this is very well off the subject but does anyone know if the 2005-2006 fire season is going to be very busy just like 2004-2005 fire season was as ive heard that this summer is going to be really hot
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 09:20:54 AM »
Robert - the old system the ERS style where the siren could be activated from the phone, distinctive rings and a swag of other functions was stopped by Telstra - not within their business charter and was getting old so instead of upgrading and improving they removed it.

The new system the Alerts was designed to replace the ERS, with some additional features and some better redundancies. As already stated when the fire station interface is installed (if the monies are there again????) that will increase the functions of the Alerts. Both systems are excellent when working in tandem and a great solution by the team of Telco's at CFS HQ.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

strikeathird

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 03:09:23 PM »
I know this is very well off the subject but does anyone know if the 2005-2006 fire season is going to be very busy just like 2004-2005 fire season was as ive heard that this summer is going to be really hot

Who knows.... I guess we will have to wait and see...  Every year they say it is going to be the worst ever year.....

Altho, it is meant to be 29 or 30 on Tuesday, so that may be a sign that it is going to start to warm up...

Only time will tell.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 05:23:19 PM »
Howdy, first time on this site. it's interesting that mfs have the ability to page some brigades (even though some only do very few calls) and not other busier ones. my brigade did over 100 calls last year and quite a few were from mfs but diverted to our alerts.  I think that any brigade that does 80+ calls a year should be able to be responded direct by mfs. the delay in mfs diverting the call to group alerts system can be upward of 30seconds to 1minute if no one answers the phone. whats anyone else's opinion on this????
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »
my opinion of this eh....

well.. whats the point in MFS paging out your brigad if most of your fire calls are sent directly to your alerts system by triple zero diversions?? presumably most of these calls that went to MFS for  your area would have been such things as SAAS or SAPOL or security companies passing details to the wrong service.. and all calls that went straight to your alerts would be people dialling triple zero and asking for fire, whilst in your area.. (if that makes sense mate)

its good that MFS can page most brigades and obviosuly would be great if they could page you rather than "wasting" time calling your alerts and then that call going through SHQ...

but thats the syste atm i guess...

Wagon 1

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 11:05:28 PM »
Give it time, it won't be done by any fire service, it will be done by SAFECOM CAD operators.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 12:09:19 PM »
MFS have the capabilities to page every brigade!

Their system has all of the repsonse addresse for CFS!!!!

When they don't page a brigade it is because they have been instructed not to and rather to phone them and pass the information via phone - not a good use of time or technology, but that is they request that some groups have made 8-)
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Wagon 1

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 05:44:12 PM »
They might have the paging available but the SAMFS system seems very restrictive, you often get MFS RESPOND TREE DOWN MACCELSFIELD CFS, MACCELSFIELD, MAP 000, 1347: CFSRES

Thats real useful. It seems anything outside the UBD doesn't work to well.

At least the CFS AIRSOURCE lets you type whatever you like and doesn't rely on accurate street and town names to be able to send a message.

BRING ON CAD