Author Topic: RA&HS 2010 displays  (Read 13354 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
RA&HS 2010 displays
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
Interesting publicity release from the Minister.
I will try and look at the new CFS Promotional Trailer during one of times at the Showgrounds on SES duty.

Found on http://www.ses.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp dated 2 September 2010

News Release

www.premier.sa.gov.au
Hon Michael Wright
Minister for Police
Minister for Emergency Services
Minister for Recreation, Sport & Racing

Thursday, 2 September 2010

STATE EMERGENCY SERVICES GEAR UP FOR THIS YEAR’S ROYAL SHOW

A new custom-built Country Fire Service (CFS) promotional trailer will be unveiled at this year’s Royal Adelaide Show at the Wayville Showgrounds.

The new trailer, branded with the nationally agreed bushfire safety slogan of - PREPARE. ACT. SURVIVE – which opens out to an 11-metre interactive stand with display panels, brochure racks and two LCD screens, will be one of the South Australian fire and emergency services sector’s main attractions at this year’s Show.

Minister for Emergency Services Michael Wright says the new trailer will play an important community education role as we head into the 2010-11 bushfire season.

“The trailer will be used widely at field days, country shows and other events and during Bushfire Action Week in October it will be positioned at a number of different shopping centres throughout the Adelaide Hills,” Minister Wright said.

Children will also be able to have their photograph taken with the Smokey the Koala, the CFS mascot, at this year’s show.

Also new for 2010 will be the State Emergency Service’s (SES) FloodSafe trailer, an interactive display with a plasma screen and a range of information for show-goers about how to better prepare for floods.

The SES will also have its rescue dogs and mascot Paddy (the Platypus) at the show. The SES will also have a significant operational role at the show by providing a rescue service, as well as providing support to SA Ambulance and SA Police.

Children, fun and education are the focus of the Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) stand in the Showground’s Goyder Pavilion with children encouraged to take a journey down ‘Livelonga Lane’.

“Children can dress up as fire fighters, sit in a child-size fire truck and practise ‘Stop, Cover, Drop and Roll’ so they know what to do if their clothes catch fire,” Minister Wright said.

“Parents are not forgotten with a range of information about home fire safety available from the experts. The key message the MFS will be pushing is that people should send their home smoke alarms into retirement once they are 10 years old.”

The CFS trailer can be found on the eastern side of the Jubilee Pavilion while the SES trailer is near ‘Sideshow Alley’ in the north western corner of the Showgrounds.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RA&HS 2010 displays
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Andrew, did you manage to get a look at it?

Offline Jimmy_91

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Southern Yorke CFS Group
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:50:17 PM »
Here are some photos of the CFS Display.

This I believe is the best display the CFS has had. Jeff Ayres is looking to have more interactive things included for next year.

As can be seen, the trailer has two TV's - 1 connected to the CFS Website, the other playing a bushfire DVD.
The CFS also had a 'Free photo with Smokey (Cardboard figure)'. This was a big hit on the day I was there.

This display also received the Third Prize in Most Impressive Major Exhibit
Stewart Germaine
Minlaton CFS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
Thanks for the photos!

Looks like quite an impressive exhibit, but I think the CFS sells itself short every year by only focussing on rural fires.  I think it'd do our public image some good to advertise our urban side as well.

rescue5271

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »
Great Photos mate, nice to see that smokey now has a helmet and some ppe was the site near the MFS??? If not would it be worth while having all services in the one area i know we talk about it all the time....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
Any chance that this new CFS promotional trailer will be present at the Mount Gambier spring show in 4 1/2 weeks time  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 02:12:55 PM »
I saw the trailier at the show and it had a brilliant setup to prepare for bushfires, but I was highly dissapointes by the complete abscence of anything to mention all the other work we do.

Monger

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
I saw the trailier at the show and it had a brilliant setup to prepare for bushfires, but I was highly dissapointes by the complete abscence of anything to mention all the other work we do.

I think the trailer is there more as an educational tool for the public to prepare for bushfires rather than to promote the CFS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

I think the trailer is there more as an educational tool for the public to prepare for bushfires rather than to promote the CFS

Then shouldn't it be the bushfire blitz, or community safety trailer, not "The CFS trailer"?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
Great Photos mate, nice to see that smokey now has a helmet and some ppe was the site near the MFS??? If not would it be worth while having all services in the one area i know we talk about it all the time....

The CFS display was in the same pavilion has SAPOL, MFS and SAAS. But a short distance away.

It seemed to me that the floorspace required for all of the displays prevent them being in the one location and allow the public to move around each.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
Great to see all the Structural, Rescue and Hazmat gear on display...

And all the information about Home Fire Safety.

Wait I forgot, no homes burn in the country unless impacted by bushfire, and we don't do anything but rural work.

Great work as per usual CFS, great work.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...