Author Topic: Change of Chief Officer  (Read 12376 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Change of Chief Officer
« on: May 21, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »
For those that are interested & have not heard yet.

Stuart McLeod (Chief Officer SES) has announced he is standing down from the position. The notice to SES volunteers details illness issues.

Stuart has been 44 years with SES and 31 of those on paid staff.

A subsequent SES E-News details that Matt Maywald (current Deputy Chief Officer SES) will be the Acting Chief Officer and Graeme Wynwood (current Manager Operations Support) will be Acting Deputy Chief Officer.

This will be until the position is advertised nationally and a new COSES appointed.

Personally, Stuart was my first Unit Controller when I joined as a young cadet volunteer with Mitcham SES. Thanks Stuart and enjoy yourself.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Darren

Re: Change of Chief Officer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
Good bloke, I am sure he will be missed.

That a quick rise to the top for those other 2 fella's.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »
Yep agree Darren - & I hope it isn't too serious. I didn't know Graham was paid staff now. Anyway all the best Stuart
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
Howdy guys, just to clarify, the reason given to the vollies was 'chronic back pain'. Hard to keep giving 120% when these things start to happen, so he made the decision to stand down.

He's definitely enjoyed a long and interesting career. All well wishes will be passed on.

Offline adelaide_medic

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »
after reading the statement Stuart made,

one has to wonder if 'push came to shove'

I agree, I believe he has served SES very well, long standing member.

Stayed tuned....

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
after reading the statement Stuart made,

one has to wonder if 'push came to shove'

I agree, I believe he has served SES very well, long standing member.

Stayed tuned....

Enough UN-FOUNDED conspiracy theory rumours are already circulating. Please do not add to them.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
Lol, No pushing... No shoving. Decision made entirely by Stuart.

Although im sure he'd get a laugh out of any conspiracy theories.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:04:58 PM by Alex »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »
News Release
source: http://www.ses.sa.gov.au/site/home.jsp

Hon Michael Wright
Minister for Emergency Services
Minister for Police
Minister for Recreation, sport and racing

Wednesday, 22 September 2010
SES WELCOMES NEW CHIEF OFFICER

Emergency Services Minister, Michael Wright, today announced the appointment of Chris Beattie to the role of South Australia’s State Emergency Service (SES) Chief.

Minister Wright said the vacancy generated many prospective applicants and followed a national recruitment search which eventually resulted in the new appointment.

“I’d like to extend my congratulations to Mr Beattie who demonstrated, amongst his many achievements, valuable skills along with an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in emergency management at both State and National levels,” Mr Wright said.

“I am confident his leadership and personal attributes will add further value to the profile and integrity of the SES which is highly regarded by all South Australians.”

Mr Beattie will leave his job as the Assistant Director with the SES in Tasmania to begin his new role next month.

The position became vacant in July following the retirement of South Australia’s former SES Chief Officer Stuart Macleod who diligently served the organisation as a volunteer and paid staff member for 44 years.

Mr Beattie joined the SES in Tasmania in 2004 as the Manager for Disaster Relief and Mitigation and two years later took on his current role as the Assistant Director of Policy and Programmes.

Mr Wright also thanked Matt Maywald who’s been the Acting Chief Officer of the SES.

“Matt has done an excellent job during this interim period and has demonstrated exemplary leadership capabilities particularly during a series of severe weather and flooding incidents which have been experienced through the State in recent months,” Minister Wright said.

Mr Beattie will commence his new role as South Australia’s next Chief Officer of the SES on October 25.
Andrew Macmichael