Author Topic: SAMFS Response Paging  (Read 18877 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Response Paging
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »
You see alot of brigades being paged by MFS but if a brigade calls for backup does that mean that SOCC has to then ring MFS for a page?? I think that is ridiculous surely this wouldn't be happening.

I don't know what brigades/groups have this in place i presume a busy one but looking at the pager site nearly all brigades are responded by SOCC at some stage??

Can anyone enlighten us on what brigades/groups have this arrangment (only if able to without reprocussions)
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2006, 11:28:14 PM »
i think it is generally those that have there triple zero calls answered by SAMFS Comms... (alerts systems not used by brigades for turnouts)... now in saying this i believe there are brigades that have amixture of there triple zero calls both answered by SAMFS and put through to there alerts (i have no idea how/why this happens.. mixing the two)
You see alot of brigades being paged by MFS but if a brigade calls for backup does that mean that SOCC has to then ring MFS for a page?? I think that is ridiculous surely this wouldn't be happening
if a brigade asks SOCC for a backup brigade, then this page should be sent by SOCC as it is an upgrade of an alarm...
Can anyone enlighten us on what brigades/groups have this arrangment (only if able to without reprocussions)
believe sturt, para, mt lofty.. heysen.. groups have an agreement that there paging is done by MFS...

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2006, 08:35:44 AM »
Some groups don't trust the SOC guys to do the response paging and have decided that all response messages must come from MFS.

What a load of crap! Look back a little while and you will see that the groups who use MFS, have done so now for many years.

It is these same Groups who many, many years ago used a commercial paging service to respond their brigades which MFS activated, as MFS had the software on their computers to zone areas, allocate appliances to streets etc, etc, etc that CFS now has! It was these groups who set up the systems the rest of us now take for granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these groups have done is continue what they started years ago, before GRN and before we all adopted what they were doing as standard.

Maybe some 'wannabes' on this forum should check before they write ill informed or airy fair posts - sure have an opinion, but before making an accusation check your facts and do your research!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

rescue5271

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2006, 11:19:22 AM »
We where paged the other morning to a tree down 10kms out of town in the wee small hours,when I got home i looked at the grn site only to see that mount gambier SES had been paged for the same call but 10kms out of the mount?????

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2006, 07:12:05 PM »
good point Oz...

worth noting that a benefit of MFS doing response paging is the CAD system... it already knows which brigades to send to which streets and how many brigades for differant fire alarms/structure classifications etc... whereas SOCC has to either make up there own decision or trust vollies on the phone.