Author Topic: new skyjets  (Read 6523 times)

firefighter21

new skyjets
« on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
just looked on the sa cfs promotions site and had a look at the new lincoln skyjet wow looks like exactly the same design as the nwsfb have looks pretty wicked does any1 knw if these are slowly going to replace the current skyjets with these

Offline 2468

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: new skyjets
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Very Pretty. Liking the heavier rear axles as well

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »
Firstly, my god does it get me that SAMFS won't update their naming scheme of appliances to reflect what they do. SkyJet is a goddamned Brand name, NOT an appliance type. Good work SAMFS.

The Port Lincoln Aerial was made by Bronto Skylift and is similar in some respects to the NSWFB Telesquirt Aerial pumps. Still unsure why SAMFS went with the NZFS design seeing as though Qld/NSW/Vic seem to run chunky Aerial Pumpers and have done for years, but I'm sure they had good reason.

With the minimum licence required to apply for SAMFS now HR, I can't see why there would not be more of these three axle Aerials getting around.

Maybe someone here can explain why the Port Lincoln dudes ended up with a brand new truck rather than an older '3 from Metro? I'm sure there was a reason, I just can't remember it for the life of me... (soemthing about a prototype being so far from Metro is a bit odd)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Darren

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:21 PM »
Politicial reasons......and some motel or other.....

No plans for anything else anytime soon, this is it.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »

(soemthing about a prototype being so far from Metro is a bit odd)

less work = less chance of it breaking = more chance of it getting passed as an appliance to go everywhere??

Offline Ports

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 12:01:17 AM »
Sounds like jealousy to me.

Offline Ports

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:02:57 AM »
Also the MFS aren't calling it a skyjet. Its a Telescopic Aerial Pumper of TAP for short.

Offline Ports

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »
And while I'm at it - why shouldn't the people of Pt Lincoln receive a brand new appliance for the protection of the substantial assets of their fair city??

Offline 2468

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
They got the brand new pumper because of the substanial risk posed by the newer larger industrial sites, and also avaliable to get to the other Ports. (augusta)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »
Sounds like jealousy to me.

Sure, pal, sure.

Also the MFS aren't calling it a skyjet. Its a Telescopic Aerial Pumper of TAP for short.

Will they update their numbering scheme to reflect this? Have they already done it but the information has not been disseminated? (Also can I query the use of Snorkel for ALPs? I mean good god)

And while I'm at it - why shouldn't the people of Pt Lincoln receive a brand new appliance for the protection of the substantial assets of their fair city??

Because it makes no sense. Its poor policy and frankly, if the prototype acts like most do, it'll be a colossal waste of your time and our money. There is nothing wrong with appliance rotation - is it such a bad thing for a regional area to get a 2-5 year old appliance that is proven and will do the job?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

anything