Author Topic: Drying Cabinets  (Read 8943 times)

Offline JJD

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Drying Cabinets
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
Do any of the members of this forum use drying cabinets for their BA masks in their stations? I know there are a couple around, e.g. TTG.
If you do have one, any chamce of photos and other details. TTG made theirs, has anyone bought one off the shelf?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!
Hmmm, a large unused document that is extremely important, but knowone knows what is in it or what it does.

Must be related to some sort of government department... - Footy

Judge me on the service....not my payslip - misterteddy

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Re: Drying Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
I can understand using one for your PPE, but is really THAT hard to service a BA Mask?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »
For some people i have seen try.... yes.

Laziness. People just arent prepared to put in a small amount of time and effort to do it properly.

Does this mean TTG have spare masks for every air set?

Offline JJD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »
I'm not sure what set up TTG use, whether they have spare masks or not. I would assume so.

Numbers, sure servicing your BA mask when you get home from a job is fine but we are volunteers and anything that makes our lives easier is always appreciated. If have a drying cabinet and spare masks means getting back to bed 15 mins earlier at 3 in the morning then perhaps it is worth it...

In our brigade we have considered getting a larger unit to do PPE in as well, we're just considering all possibilities...
Hmmm, a large unused document that is extremely important, but knowone knows what is in it or what it does.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
And others struggle to get equipment and resources....

Aaaah lifes luxuries. The 'making life easier for vols' or 'were only vols' card gets a bit old.

If your brigade has the money to burn go for it, but really its not hard and part of the responsibility BA wearers take on is to recommision air sets properly.

Offline JJD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
The thing is the brigade does have the money which we have fundraised specifically to make life easier for ourselves!!

What we want to do with our money is none of the business of the people on this forum, what i originally asked is are there any brigades out there who have this stuff, not give me a lecture as to whether or not you think we deserve luxuries!!