Author Topic: Pagers  (Read 3235 times)

rescue5271

Pagers
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »
Can anyone from SAAS confirm that there are pager shortages at Volunteers stations so much so that when the new pagers roll out that they will have to be shared with another member. I got this information from a number of VTL during the week....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: Pagers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »
Havent heard anything down this way bill, only members living within Goolwa have personal pagers, otherwise there are 4-5 pagers that stay on station to be used by the rostered crew and 3rds etc.  But Goolwa does operate a little differently i believe to other country vollie stations
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline whitecloud

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 02:50:08 PM »
Havent heard anything down this way bill, only members living within Goolwa have personal pagers, otherwise there are 4-5 pagers that stay on station to be used by the rostered crew and 3rds etc.  But Goolwa does operate a little differently i believe to other country vollie stations

From one shift down there back in the day, Strath operate in a fairly similar manner, with the volunteers who are the 'core' group within catchment taking home a pager each, and around 4 still at the station for those who are from outside the catchment (ie for second crews etc) and those who are filling in for the core group.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »
originally each team was issued with 14 pagers plus 1 for the VTL.

don't know if thats changed...but having said that there are some teams around that if issued 14 would be able to give each member 3 pagers!

anything