Author Topic: up skilling volunteers!  (Read 15322 times)

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: up skilling volunteers!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »
.....Considering the amount of problem SAAS had with their last RTO audit, and I'm sure you have read the comments in the RDSP review, I'm not sure I would be holding them up as any shining light.

Do tell Bored, I have long had my suspicions about the quality of vollee education and the manipulation of AQTF paperwork to fit the course (rather than the other way round).  Where can we read of said shortcomings? (don't know what "RDSP" is - unless it is ""Real Dense Sulky Paramedic") - and more important - has SAAS done anything about them?

No Care 1

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 08:56:17 PM »
I feel for SAAS sometimes they are dammed if they do and they are dammed if they don't.  Ambos can be a weird bunch sometimes, many complain, few step up to the plate and make a change or get involved
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:42:13 PM by No Care 1 »

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
And it might well be that those who have tried have been so hamstrung by politics, management egos and red-tape that they just give up in disgust and stop caring!

misterteddy

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 04:47:29 AM »
And it might well be that those who have tried have been so hamstrung by politics, management egos and red-tape that they just give up in disgust and stop caring!

yep.....what he said....

No Care 1

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:11:03 AM »
I here what your saying lads  Teddy should you put your hand up to become a REN instructor? And Bored have you apply  to become a CE educator ? Perhaps that way you can make changes to education at grass roots level with the students?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:43:12 PM by No Care 1 »

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
I here what your saying lads butmikee than every SAAS needs people who are doers and thinkers! Teddy should you put your hand up to become a REN instructor? And Bored did you apply recently to become a CE educator ? Perhaps that way you can make changes to education at grass roots level with the students?

Hahahahahaha.......

Er...no.  Been there and got the t-shirt.  The aforementioned post might well have something to do with me being a happy lemmings doing what the great EOC commands and then going home and forgetting everything.

you however..can keep bashing your head against the wall and the best of luck to you driving that far to work everyday!!

Offline amboman69

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 09:39:17 PM »
Just got it guys - Regional Sponsored Degree Program - sorry - really am a Really Sulky Dense Paramedic!

What threw me a bit was the talk about SAAS being a RTO and upskilling volunteers, and figured you were talking about the quality of Cert II/IV stuff.  RSDP is run by a different set of boffins isn't it?  I have not had anything to do with Volunteer Training for a few years but would not be surprised if the AQTF auditors found a few things wanting.

anything