Author Topic: Again response protocol not followed!!!!  (Read 52313 times)

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Again response protocol not followed!!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »
saw Mr Arnold today with a set of chaps on.....one would have thought there was better employment for someone of his standing in an Ops room somewhere

He is also a volunteer who doesnt mind helping is SES unit.

Yeh, i too can't see an issue with this. Mr Ted, seems to me your just another knocker.

misterteddy

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »
ahh well Alex...if i was.....theres plenty of individuals round that give me free ammo

My POINT was in relation to the crapfight mentioned about SCC operating procedures. We were in a period of an "extreme weather event" yeah?......doesnt that mean the SES hierachy should be attending to hierachy things...like management of calls, resource tracking, operational crew relief etc etc....not doing menial tasks that any basic member can do

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »
ahh well Alex...if i was.....theres plenty of individuals round that give me free ammo

My POINT was in relation to the crapfight mentioned about SCC operating procedures. We were in a period of an "extreme weather event" yeah?......doesnt that mean the SES hierachy should be attending to hierachy things...like management of calls, resource tracking, operational crew relief etc etc....not doing menial tasks that any basic member can do

Good grief no! Next extreme bushfire mega disaster extravaganza that SA experiances, I would very much to hope to see Euan with his McLeod Tool and box of matches!

Bash your "IMT" and other crazy "managerial" acronyms up your clacker. We need the REAL man doing REAL work.

(On a farm unit)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

misterteddy

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »

Yeh, i too can't see an issue with this. Mr Ted, seems to me your just another knocker.

damm....and I was hoping Numbers was gonna be a knocker too  :oops:. We all know that like boots, knockers perform better as pairs  :-D

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 09:26:57 PM »
I heard Auburn and Williamstown come up on GRN 124 responding to or asking for pages to be sent out! Why was this? was region 2 running through region 1 talkgroup? just curious is all  :-)

R1 Ops 124 and R2 Ops 093 were patched together by Adelaide Fire. SAAS do it all the time but in reverse, ie. when it's quiet they patch their north and south talkgroups together so one operator can easily do both, when things get busy they unpatch and put one operator on each talkgroup.

Thanks darius,, i tried to get throught to adelaide fire to book mobile for a job but gave up when there were about 7 different brigades trying to talk all at once!!
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 07:59:48 AM »

Just saying mate, plenty of CFS ROs and state staff get out on the trucks on fire ban days and so on, when they are neither on call or required for a night shift. At the end of the day there are only so many IMT positions to fill and so many on-call positions.

re; patching TGs, technically frowned upon by the NOC. But wouldnt it be nice if we could patch SES & CFS local TGs together for some jobs.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
re; patching TGs, technically frowned upon by the NOC. But wouldnt it be nice if we could patch SES & CFS local TGs together for some jobs.

But that would make sense... besides, we cant have orange/yellow talking to each other, the world might end!  :wink:

misterteddy

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »

Just saying mate, plenty of CFS ROs and state staff get out on the trucks on fire ban days and so on, when they are neither on call or required for a night shift. At the end of the day there are only so many IMT positions to fill and so many on-call positions.

I think the gentleman concerned has a role a little more substantive than the equivalent of a CFS RO. Fiddling while Rome burns, even if there are others doing things to help, isnt much of a defence when it comes to the public seeking answers.....just ask Mr Rees in Victoria

Offline Benji

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »

The new portables issued to SES allow us to select fire service talk groups, which can be a great help.. Only becomes an issue when you are trying to deal with 3 groups, our local tg and regional tg - way to many radios to carry ;)
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »
The new portables issued to SES allow us to select fire service talk groups, which can be a great help..

I wasn't aware that the SES now had access to CFS talkgroups. Are all units equipped with these ?

What protocols are in place for SES communicating with CFS brigades on local talkgroups (i.e. have you been given a list of talkgroups that we use, callsigns, radio procedure etc).

I know that many of the gurus in each unit would be familiar with the local communications systems for nearby CFS units, but how does the joe blow SES vollie who is in charge of the truck know who to talk to and when to change to a CFS talkgroup ?

BTW I'm not knocking it as I think it is a good idea, I'm just wondering what processes and training are in place to facilitate this.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
The new portables issued to SES allow us to select fire service talk groups, which can be a great help..

I wasn't aware that the SES now had access to CFS talkgroups. Are all units equipped with these ?

What protocols are in place for SES communicating with CFS brigades on local talkgroups (i.e. have you been given a list of talkgroups that we use, callsigns, radio procedure etc).

I know that many of the gurus in each unit would be familiar with the local communications systems for nearby CFS units, but how does the joe blow SES vollie who is in charge of the truck know who to talk to and when to change to a CFS talkgroup ?

BTW I'm not knocking it as I think it is a good idea, I'm just wondering what processes and training are in place to facilitate this.

Some of the new handhelds have a D setting which is CFS talkgroups. Other people will be able to advise how wide spread this option is in the new mobile and handheld radios.

Thus A is multi-agency, B & C is SES and D is CFS.

Have a discussion with your local SES Unit that you work with to find out protocols. I do not know them.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
Information recieved with the portables is that CFS talkgroups should not be accessed as there is debate about 'who pays'.
Regardless of the accuracy of that statement, this has successfully been ignored in our area so far, with no complaints as yet.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
....It costs???  I thought there's a standard contract in regards to the SAGRN..  This sounds quite odd.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »
Im not convinced the information is accurate.... But that is what the boss has passed on...

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 06:15:13 PM »

I think the gentleman concerned has a role a little more substantive than the equivalent of a CFS RO. Fiddling while Rome burns, even if there are others doing things to help, isnt much of a defence when it comes to the public seeking answers.....just ask Mr Rees in Victoria

We'll have to agree to disagree then, but at the end of the day he is a state training officer who is on call 1 out of 4 weeks as state duty officer.

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »
....It costs???  I thought there's a standard contract in regards to the SAGRN..  This sounds quite odd.

Don't know about the new contract between DAIS & Motorola, but under the old
one, every "conversation" cost something like 10c or 12c.

Each transmission was deemed to be part of a "conversation" on a TG if made
within about 6 seconds of the previous transmission. When a gap greater than
6 seconds occurred, it was deemed to be a new "conversation", and a new charge
incurred.  Each 'conversation' was chargeable to the organisation which 'owns'
the TG.

I imagine the new contract would be similar. I understand Motorola were able to
win it by offering the govt big discounts on the new hardware compared with
their resellers. They'll need to make up the $$ somewhere...

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.