Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 631501 times)

Offline Citizen

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
Hey guys, I can confirm you get cab ranked from the interview process and they then take people off the rank one drill squad at a time. I was ranked about 67th last intake and recently passed the PAT2 late last year. Unfortunately I then missed out making the final drill squad by 1 position! Obviously only 18 people will make the first squad however it's not all bad news, just need to be ranked say in the top 50. Thats what I am aiming for. (thats if I pass the PAT1 hehe)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
1000 applicants!! what a joke!! Why did they have to go and make it easier to apply? they were already getting 300 plus applicants for potentially only 18 positions. surely that was enough. People are going to get rejected for the smallest things now.

Isn't that the point? Get the best applicants from as wide a range as possible?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
1000 applicants!! what a joke!! Why did they have to go and make it easier to apply? they were already getting 300 plus applicants for potentially only 18 positions. surely that was enough. People are going to get rejected for the smallest things now.

Isn't that the point? Get the best applicants from as wide a range as possible?

Yeah i totally understand that, I'm just annoyed that they made it easier for people. I along with heaps of others , put in the effort to get HR license and computing certificate which now dont need. I know you eventually will need your HR anyway, i just hope they take it into consideration when culling people.

Monger

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
It wasn't fair to make applicants fork out $1500-$2000 for HR when you don't even need it to drive the majority of the trucks, in the slight hope that they may get a job out of it. The new way is much better,although now that it is easier and doesn't require much effort to apply a lot of the extra applicants will go in half hearted and under prepared.

Offline hotfire

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
Did anyone put in for Pirie station as well as Metro

Offline crossy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
yea i put in for both.
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Monger

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
yea i put in for both.

You would be mad not to put in for Pirie. You can still live in Adelaide and just drive there for your shift. Its only 2 years there i think

Offline gasman

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
according to web site all country postings are for five years now. Still, five years of knowing where you are going every tour is not a bad thing. Stability!!
I just want to help

Offline Bolts84

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
Will there be any preference for the applicants that put down Metro, Pirie and Mt Gambier?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Will there be any preference for the applicants that put down Metro, Pirie and Mt Gambier?

One would hope so, aint nowhere else to go apart from those  :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Bolts84

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2011, 07:07:52 PM »

Understand that, but i was meaning will be there any preference for those who selected all three in the application to those who only selected Metro / Pirie?

Monger

« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2011, 07:37:19 PM »
Will depend on where you are ranked after the interview I would think. Read the info in the Samfs website, it explains how it will work

Offline Bolts84

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
Will depend on where you are ranked after the interview I would think. Read the info in the Samfs website, it explains how it will work

Thanks Ferret. Have read the website plenty of times and understand how the cab-rank system works.

Any idea when dates and times for the Pat 1 will be announced to the applicants?

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »
I said no to Mount Gambier but yes to Metro and Pire.  Only because have family here and 3 of my 4 kids are at school. Not sure if i want to take kids out of school here.  Friends they said yes to all three even that they do not want to go to Mount Gambier. They said you just have to make sure you are high in ranking to make sure you miss out on it.  Think the truth is better as if you make it and then say no cause you don't want to go no fair on others.

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
I said no to Mount Gambier but yes to Metro and Pire.  Only because have family here and 3 of my 4 kids are at school. Not sure if i want to take kids out of school here.  Friends they said yes to all three even that they do not want to go to Mount Gambier. They said you just have to make sure you are high in ranking to make sure you miss out on it.  Think the truth is better as if you make it and then say no cause you don't want to go no fair on others.

I said no to Mt Gambier as well and yes to the others. My wife is at uni and i run a business which i intend to do on the side if i get in so wouldn't be possible in Mt Gambier. I doubt they would use it against you. Like you said, just need to be high in the rank!

Monger

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »

I said no to Mt Gambier as well and yes to the others. My wife is at uni and i run a business which i intend to do on the side if i get in so wouldn't be possible in Mt Gambier. I doubt they would use it against you. Like you said, just need to be high in the rank!
[/quot

Yeah just make sure you are high in the rankings cos that's easy to do and you will be the only ones aiming for that. Don't put ya life on hold, it's a bit of a lotto with 1000 people applying b

flyonthewall

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
There will be 1000 applicants that will pick all three preferences if they think it will give them an advantage, so you guys have just as much a chance as the next person.

Offline Zander

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »
I'd check your email, looks like they have replied. Just reading the information now.

wicky

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
Yep got mine PAT 1 test 1.30pm 12th April  :-D

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
Received mine today 13th at 9.30.  Let the fun begin.

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »
OK panicked just a little bit when i heard people were getting their emails and still nothing in my in-box.  If anyone else is in the same boat i just rang the recruitment office and they stated that the emails will be coming out all week and possibly more today.  Obviously that makes sense seeing they did receive over 1000 applications but its nice to have the mind put at ease.....for the time being anyway.  Fingers still crossed!

Monger

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
OK panicked just a little bit when i heard people were getting their emails and still nothing in my in-box.  If anyone else is in the same boat i just rang the recruitment office and they stated that the emails will be coming out all week and possibly more today.  Obviously that makes sense seeing they did receive over 1000 applications but its nice to have the mind put at ease.....for the time being anyway.  Fingers still crossed!

Well if you had the MR license and First aid certificate you are pretty much guaranteed a spot at the Pat1 i think.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »
Good luck everyone

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
Well if you had the MR license and First aid certificate you are pretty much guaranteed a spot at the Pat1 i think.

Thanks Ferret, still nothing this morning so I gave them a call.  Seems they forgot a letter in my email address and had sent my email out on Monday!  At least now I know and its all sorted.  Phew!

Offline USAR123

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
Received mine today 13th at 9.30.  Let the fun begin.

I'll be there with you then Scottie. My PAT1 is then also. Will be good morning / few minutes.