Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 631630 times)

Offline td

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #775 on: April 30, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
I'm realising really quickly that everything associated with the recruitment process is very tight lipped. Keeps the process honest and fair for everyone i guess. However, in contradiction to that statement, has anyone heard any further rumours with regards to another squad to be chosen from last years selections. It's now months on with two squads selected and probably numerous potential candidates like myself who still sit with fingers crossed as we haven't got the dreaded final notification to say better luck next time.   

Monger

« Reply #776 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
I'm realising really quickly that everything associated with the recruitment process is very tight lipped. Keeps the process honest and fair for everyone i guess. However, in contradiction to that statement, has anyone heard any further rumours with regards to another squad to be chosen from last years selections. It's now months on with two squads selected and probably numerous potential candidates like myself who still sit with fingers crossed as we haven't got the dreaded final notification to say better luck next time.   

If it doesnt happen soon then your testing will expire, only last 12 months(i think). Samfs would be waiting to see how many people are going to retire at end of financial year i would guess before they make a decision

Offline BT085

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:32 PM »
Im in the same position as you td.. in fact i think there seems to be a lot of us.. ive spoken to mara a few times over the last 6 montgs and about a month ago she said to me exactly wat ferret said... they will decide depending on retirements EOFY. however if it goes by 2009/2010 intake the third squad was notufied in may 2010 that to come in for pat2 but not sure if they r running a third ssquad. they reason they called them in to do pat2 in may was bcos of wat ferret said is correct... (the accreditted psych test we did does only last 1 year.. So i get a feeling that if there is a chance then it would be this month that third squad ppl will b called... but be told "maybe" dependin on retirements... who really knows though... its fun guessing! wat really would b good to know is how many pol like u and me td got that "strongly recommend you maintain your fitness"... Its a very leading statement which i now wish was not used haha!

Monger

« Reply #778 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »
Im in the same position as you td.. in fact i think there seems to be a lot of us.. ive spoken to mara a few times over the last 6 montgs and about a month ago she said to me exactly wat ferret said... they will decide depending on retirements EOFY. however if it goes by 2009/2010 intake the third squad was notufied in may 2010 that to come in for pat2 but not sure if they r running a third ssquad. they reason they called them in to do pat2 in may was bcos of wat ferret said is correct... (the accreditted psych test we did does only last 1 year.. So i get a feeling that if there is a chance then it would be this month that third squad ppl will b called... but be told "maybe" dependin on retirements... who really knows though... its fun guessing! wat really would b good to know is how many pol like u and me td got that "strongly recommend you maintain your fitness"... Its a very leading statement which i now wish was not used haha!
When i got in a few years ago, 100 were cabb ranked after the interviews so i would guess it would be a similar number this time

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »
Did u get in the first lot of 18 ferret?

Monger

« Reply #780 on: May 04, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »
Did u get in the first lot of 18 ferret?
No had to wait around and try to guess what would happen next. Best piece of advice, dont put your life on hold waiting for it to happen. But when i was waiting we were given a ranking number so we knew where we stood as far as if they decided to do another squad would we be in it or not

Offline MB

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:52 PM »
end of may so guessing its back to the drawing board to reapply again
i got the 'keep fit' letter too
bummer! but ill keep trying.

Timbo

« Reply #782 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

When did you guys do the Psych test?  I wonder how strict they are on the 12 month expiry?

Because, the budget for the 2012/2013 fin yr shows funding for 36 recruits!  I hope at least 18 come from the current cab rank

MrT

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:56:00 AM by MrT »

Offline td

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 03, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »
My psych test was done in the first week in May 2011. So hopefully the 12 month expiry is just a guideline. Fingers crossed there's still a chance for us that are still (possibly) in the running!

Monger

« Reply #784 on: June 03, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »

When did you guys do the Psych test?  I wonder how strict they are on the 12 month expiry?

Because, the budget for the 2012/2013 fin yr shows funding for 36 recruits!  I hope at least 18 come from the current can rank

MrT

I would think if they were going to use some of the cab ranked guys for the next squad they would hear in the next month or so. At a guess i would say they will run another application process because the current squad going through will cover any retirements this year and the next round of retirements would be end of next financial year( most people retire end of financial year, as a guide). Pretty sure the 12 month restricition on psych testing is pretty firm

Offline MB

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 03, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »
i was in the first week of may also.
i beleive they held it every day the first week.
ive been told psych testing is quite firm too.
never know though fingers crossed,but atleast i know what to expect for next year,
im sure they see the same names pop up each year and keep that info on hand.

Monger

« Reply #786 on: June 04, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »

When did you guys do the Psych test?  I wonder how strict they are on the 12 month expiry?

Because, the budget for the 2012/2013 fin yr shows funding for 36 recruits!  I hope at least 18 come from the current cab rank

MrT

If they only have funding for 2 squads next year, i would guess that they would run a new process for the 2 squads rather then go through the whole process just to take 18 people. But who really knows?? its nice to guess. Not much fun for the guys/girls with the keep fit letters, thay should give you a number so you have a bit of an idea where you sit and what your chances are

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Once again it comes down to not getting your hopes too high. There will always be another intake, just keep on plugging away.
I just want to help