Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 631557 times)

Monger

Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
Bugger.... guess who's in Europe from late May until 20th June  :oops:

Explain your situation to them at the pat1. I know a couple years ago 2 guys were overseas and they let them do the pat2 at a different time

Offline antony

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
I think i know the answer to this question but ill ask anyway.  With the PAT 1 test is it only just the beep test and thats it, or is there more to it.  I know that you have to get to 9.6 but do they keep it going to see who can get the highest or does it stop at 9.6.

Cheers

Monger

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
I think i know the answer to this question but ill ask anyway.  With the PAT 1 test is it only just the beep test and thats it, or is there more to it.  I know that you have to get to 9.6 but do they keep it going to see who can get the highest or does it stop at 9.6.

Cheers

At the pat 1 you will have to show your first aid certificate and drivers license, then once you reach 9.6 the test is over. All the testing is pass/fail until the interview when you are ranked against other applicants. Not sure how they can rank accurately when there is 5 or 6 different panels doing the interviews but with the high number they interview(100+) it is the only way

Offline robin14

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »
So how do they decide who goes to which stn at the end of recruit training??
Especiallt Pt Pirie and Mt Gambier

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 08:41:41 PM »
Does anyone know what constitutes a pass or fail in the aptitude tests? do you need 100% for a pass or is it a lower percentage like 80% or something ???

Offline Jase!

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
Towards the end of the recruit training you have to fill in a station preference form with your 3 preffered stations on it. Until a spot becomes available at the stations you are on the relieving circuit covering sick leave and holidays. Usually the people with the lowest cab rank going into recruits are told before hand that they will be going to a regional station.

Monger

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2011, 09:19:06 AM »
Offers of employment will be conditional on the following criteria.  Please read this information carefully.   

The highest ranking eighteen (18) candidates will be placed on a global cab-rank reflecting their order of merit.  These eighteen candidates working in an order of merit from number one to number eighteen, will be offered employment in the MFS.  Should any of these candidates have more than one preference of location designated, then they shall be entitled to choose their preference.  A candidate in this cab-rank shall be entitled to choose their designated preference so long as that location has not been filled in entirety.  When a location has been filled in entirety, a candidate who is in this cab-rank and is offered employment, will have that filled location removed from their preferences.  A candidate may still choose from their remaining location preferences if applicable.

Should any location still require staff at the exhaustion of this global cab-rank the following process will be followed:

The highest remaining candidate on the MFS cab-rank shall be offered employment.  Should that candidate decline the offer, the next person in order of merit on the cab-rank shall be offered employment.  This process shall be followed until all required MFS positions are filled.

The highest remaining candidate on the Port Pirie cab-rank shall be offered employment.  Should that candidate decline the offer, the next person in order of merit on the cab-rank shall be offered employment.  This process shall be followed until all required Port Pirie positions are filled.

The highest remaining candidate on the Mount Gambier cab-rank shall be offered employment.  Should that candidate decline the offer, the next person in order of merit on the cab-rank shall be offered employment.  This process shall be followed until all required Mount Gambier positions are filled.

Any candidate on any cab-rank, upon declining an offer of employment in any location, shall remain on any other cab-rank for any other location.

Monger

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
Does anyone know what constitutes a pass or fail in the aptitude tests? do you need 100% for a pass or is it a lower percentage like 80% or something ???

It wouldnt be 100%, I would say around 70%. Think the personality profiling is where a lot of candidates come unstuck because they try to answer the way they think the MFS would want but they get found out because there is so many ridiculous questions

Monger

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Towards the end of the recruit training you have to fill in a station preference form with your 3 preffered stations on it. Until a spot becomes available at the stations you are on the relieving circuit covering sick leave and holidays. Usually the people with the lowest cab rank going into recruits are told before hand that they will be going to a regional station.

Those recruits that are being posted to Mt Gambier or Pirie will definitely be told before accepting the job offer that they will more than likely going to a regional station, especially Mt Gambier because you would have to relocate whereas Pirie you could still live in Adelaide

Offline Numpty

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »
When does the "Job Offer" actually happen?

Is it the same time you start recruit course as technically you are now their employee?

Or do they wait till the end of your course and basically you have no choice to go to say Mount Gambier or can you stay on the relieving roster till there is a postion you want?

Cheers

Monger

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
When does the "Job Offer" actually happen?

Is it the same time you start recruit course as technically you are now their employee?

Or do they wait till the end of your course and basically you have no choice to go to say Mount Gambier or can you stay on the relieving roster till there is a postion you want?

Cheers

You will know well before recruit course starts. When you find out you are offered a job they will tell you that if you accept you will be stationed either Pirie or Mt Gambier

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
I'm curious to know what happens in Mt Gambier at night time? The shift only goes from 8am to 4pm with no mention of night shift. Does the CFS do the night call outs??

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Gfoss the station in Mount Gambier has both a day time crew which runs from 8 am to 4pm as well as retained crew that covers after hours call outs
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline robin14

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »
Was just wondering what a recruit firefighters wage is I had a look on the ufu website but it dosnt make sense to me it says it's based on a 38 hr week but the 10/14 roster averages more then that and that would make a recruit firie in FRNSW is paid as much as a Snr firie in the mfs dosnt make sense to me at all. Also wat are the time frames when moving through the ranks I can't seem to find any info on it
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:48:35 PM by robin14 »

Monger

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2011, 03:43:22 AM »
Was just wondering what a recruit firefighters wage is I had a look on the ufu website but it dosnt make sense to me it says it's based on a 38 hr week but the 10/14 roster averages more then that and that would make a recruit firie in FRNSW is paid as much as a Snr firie in the mfs dosnt make sense to me at all. Also wat are the time frames when moving through the ranks I can't seem to find any info on it

Recruit firefighters(14 weeks at training mon-fri no shifts) approx: $40,000
4th class(after completing 14 weeks training to 1 year of service) $59,000

Basically every year of service you move up a level provided all your Staff Development Framework is completed.
4th class then 3rd class then 2nd class then 1st class(3 levels here so 3 years) then Senior where there is 2 levels. A senior is on about $75,000 from 4th class the pay rises approx $2,5000 a year
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:55:25 AM by Ferret »

flyonthewall

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »
Basically every year of service you move up a level provided all your Staff Development Framework is completed.
4th class then 3rd class then 2nd class then 1st class(3 levels here so 3 years) then Senior where there is 2 levels. A senior is on about $75,000 from 4th class the pay rises approx $2,5000 a year  

actually 6 yrs to senior provided SDF is completed

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »
The online application form is a standard job application form for all jobs. Do you have to include the cover letter and additional documents that's on there or do you only need the resume? The MFS site only mentions you needing to attach a resume. Im sure more info is better than not enough but if i dont have to add a letter i wont.

Monger

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
The online application form is a standard job application form for all jobs. Do you have to include the cover letter and additional documents that's on there or do you only need the resume? The MFS site only mentions you needing to attach a resume. Im sure more info is better than not enough but if i dont have to add a letter i wont.
Pretty sure you dont need to include a cover letter or additional documents, drivers license and first aid has been checked at pat1 in the past. Call the lady from Locher and ask to be sure. You dont want to bugger anything up because they are ruthless with culling people. Good luck

wicky

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »
So how many on here have put a application in or are going to. :-)

uniden

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
Actually in Mt Gambier the day staff work Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30 and not public holidays. The retained members respond to calls 24/7. The day crew effectively only staff 1 appliance.

Offline crossy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »

sent mine in on sunday  :-D
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Offline Andrew K

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:03 PM »
thinking about it, at the moment i'm just geting over a knee injury so it makes the fitness for the beep test a bit hard

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:54 PM »

Yeah sent mine in on saturday. step one complete!! :-)

Offline tythataussieguy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »
G'day guys I am new to posting on this forum. Basic rundown is I have been SES for about 8 months now, disappeared to Qld when the floods happened.

I know it says you need an MR licence but do you need it on application or is that something for after recruits?

Offline crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
i think its a must for application and has to be upgraded to HR licence within a year of being accepted
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......