General Discussion > Introductions

blinkk bill intro

(1/5) > >>

rescue5271:
Well here goes,my name is bill most people in the service call me blinky bill mind you I am sure others call me other name's. I have been in the fire service since 1982. I was a member of the CFA for almost 20 years before I moved to Naracoorte,in my short time here I have undertaking the level 1 and 2,RCR,GPS,driver training and some one day work shops here in region 5 and at STC. I have held the position as brigade cadet leader,I am at present the brigade and group logistics officer and would like to move into a more group role rather than a brigade positionin the near future.

My wife is also a member of the brigade,and our 2 year old son just love it when the pager goes off,he knows the different tones so he can tell when dad has to go. The fire service is like a big family to us,full of kind and not so kind words but also full of members that want to help. some years ago while giving a talk to a school this kid said to me why do you do it? I said in the fire brigade there are 3 types of  firefighter.

Those that like to see their name up in lights
Those that like to the rush of the chase
Those that want to put something back into the community

Macca:
Well I am new to South Australia, just come over from New South Wales, have spent the last 7 years with the RFS and am heading to Roxby Downs, I have had a vast experience with scrub/bush fires MVA's structure fires, and a few searches am looking forward to a change hope to know all of you soon through this great site

Deano

CFS_Firey:

--- Quote from: Macca ---Well I am new to South Australia, just come over from New South Wales, have spent the last 7 years with the RFS and am heading to Roxby Downs, I have had a vast experience with scrub/bush fires MVA's structure fires, and a few searches am looking forward to a change hope to know all of you soon through this great site

Deano
--- End quote ---

Well I hope you like the CFS... From what i hear, the CFS works very differently to the RFS, but it would be interesting to hear about how you experience it...

CyberCitizen:

--- Quote from: rescue5271 ---some years ago while giving a talk to a school this kid said to me why do you do it? I said in the fire brigade there are 3 types of  firefighter.

Those that like to see their name up in lights
--- End quote ---

Well I Would Have To Say 2 Of The Things Are Correct In My Case.

Robert-Robert34:
My name is Robert and I have been a member of the Kalangadoo SA Country Fire Service for 10 years in December....ever since becoming a Senior Fire Fighter in 2000 i've been to a handful of grass/scrub fires one of them being the Kalangadoo-Glencoe Road grassfire in 2001.2 house fires,between 5-10 Industrial Fires including the memorable Carter Holt Harvey Nangwarry mill fire a couple of years ago where i was 2nd in command of the Kalangadoo 34 crew despite being only 19

I've also been to 2 RCR's non entrapment,1 Land Search and 4 strike Team Requests one of them being the Monbulla Grass Fire also a couple years ago               

To date i have my level 1&2 certificates, SAGRN Operators certificate, Senior First Aid and a Emergency Response Warden Statement of Attainment Certificate as well

My interest of becoming a fire fighter was brought on by my father who is the only active member of the original Kalangadoo 44 crew that fought the 1983 Ash Wednesday Fires... being an active member of the SACFS was my strong point during High School as i was given A& A+ nearly every semester in Community Studies because my teacher then is a current active member of the CFS as well

However i am still waiting for the chance to be apart of a CFS deployment crew to go and fight fires interstate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version