Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Domestic Response

(1/5) > >>

Alex:
Howdy Guys,

This hypothetical is purely to tell us all who you as a brigade or at a group level respond to reported house fires and why. Not interested in reading about incident control and management or who you might respond in a perfect world... i want to know WHO ACTUALLY GETS RESPONDED AND WHY.

In our area there is always 2 brigades [in the hopes of a minimum of 2 appliances] to any structure call, fire or AFA. And a tanker will get added for areas with no reticulated water.

We all know CFS SOP says minimum of 2 inc 1 with BA, but this seems to vary greatly dependant on group and brigade and SOPs get ignored. What do you do locally?

mattb:
In our dual response zones (CFS / MFS) it is one CFS brigade (two trucks if you can get em) and two MFS pumps. If one MFS pump is not available from station 43, you will get a second CFS brigade on the initial response.

Outside of the dual response area it is two CFS brigades, with a minimum of 4 x BA on the way (from either trucks), if you don't have at least 4 another brigade will be turned out.

Pipster:
When asked by Adelaide Fire on ALERTS who else to send, other than my own brigade, I will choose the next two closest BA brigades to the incident (and they will be different, depending on which end of the district the incident is).

If there is another non BA brigade adjacent to the incident, I will respond them too, often making it an initial 3 or 4 brigade response.

My reasoning is that two out of four of my adjoining BA brigades only carry 2 BA sets each, the others carry 4 sets each, but depending upon the time of day, I know some brigades will struggle to get lot of BA crews in the first 15-20 minutes.

A tanker will also be responded, due to having no mains water in the area.

Pip

vsteve01:
pretty sure they roll all BA brigades in our group to confirmed fires, but I can't be sure.  I'd say the theory is to get enough BA operators coz the chances are, each will only have 1or2 members on each truck at best.  Not sure what the first alarm response is though.

I guess it would really depend on where it was and what resources the closest brigade has.

jaff:
We recommend a 14 with a crew of 2, ring it with the drip torch then head home! :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version