Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Domestic Response

<< < (5/5)

jaff:

--- Quote from: Alex on October 10, 2010, 08:05:57 AM ---Andrew, current procedure in Adelaide Fire [as requested by CFS state] is that operators phone local ALERTS for 90% of brigades, who then decide who they want. The operators have no say in it and can only suggest brigades follow SOPs etc.

--- End quote ---

Alex are your suggestions based on your knowledge of areas, or do you other than the RCR directory have a prompt?

bittenyakka:

--- Quote from: Bill Corcoran on October 10, 2010, 08:11:35 PM ---ALEX, its good to use SOP'S but we still need to get more information out of the caller,They may report a fire being south or east when in fact its north and over 40kms away..I know its hard to drag information out of callers but when you have a hwy that spans some 300 or so Kms does make life hard.....

Dont get me wrong SOP'S have there place .....

--- End quote ---

Sometimes Callers are jsut plain Wrong. But still If the domestic fire is street A or street B whats the diffrence excepte maybe a BWC.

We hope for a 2 stacion and hence 2 appliance response but sometimes Alerts will change this and more often than no XXX42 will result in all the kings men.

Alex:

--- Quote from: jaff on October 11, 2010, 11:22:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Alex on October 10, 2010, 08:05:57 AM ---Andrew, current procedure in Adelaide Fire [as requested by CFS state] is that operators phone local ALERTS for 90% of brigades, who then decide who they want. The operators have no say in it and can only suggest brigades follow SOPs etc.

--- End quote ---

Alex are your suggestions based on your knowledge of areas, or do you other than the RCR directory have a prompt?

--- End quote ---

Mapping, the RCRD and SOPs mate.
There's no pre-determined response schedules [closest to furthest brigades] setup in BOMS for zones other than MFS and a couple of urban frings CFS groups.

Mic10110:
I agree Alex - 2 Brigades minimum for a reported structure fire within the town. Oustide of the town include a couple of BWC's. There's still plenty of fixed alarms out there with a single brigade response too. We're guilty I know....

fire8029:
in our area we would have an mfs appliance and 2 cfs appliances and for a second alarm another mfs appliance from 10kms and one 2 from 15kms, them there is multiple cfs within 30km radius for a third or fourth and so on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version