Author Topic: Season 10/11  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Season 10/11
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
Was wondering what everyones thought's are on the coming fire season? What the growth is like in your area? How quick is it curing if at all? Do you agree with the CFS line on this is going to be the worst fire season in years? (i know we hear it every year) If so whats your brigade/group doing to make your selves ready?

rescue5271

Re: Season 10/11
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »
Drying off very fast in the UPPER SE and Western Victoria,lots of road side grass around and with farmers already hay cutting and with these humid days we might see alot more hay stack fires...As for this year being bad so over them saying it each year, the Season will be what it will be and we will do the best job we can on the day...

Offline crossy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
if they say it every year they are bound to get it right eventually.... :wink: SYP has started curing off and with few hot days it wont take long. i think it might be an intresting year but we'll just do what we always do  8-)
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
The grass is starting to grow abit down here in the LSE especially on the Mount Burr Road but it may take a while to dry off unless we get a few good days of reasonably warm weather between now and December 1st although without making it sound like an understatement this season is shaping up to be an interesting one
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Shiner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »
It is ineitable that the next season will always be advertised as the most serious one yet..... can you imagine the public/political outcry following the headline - "Next Fire Season - Nothing to Worry About"

Never going to happen - just for the same reason we will keep getting an overpriced orange helicopter for the one or two issues in a year when it can be of some real use......
Jason
Swanport Group DGO - Region 3
Jervois CFS Brigade - "Home of the Original Hooker!"

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »
Yeah its gonna be the big one this year, I can feel it in my bones, the ants are walking at funny angles to the sun, three blacks cat crossed the road with their heads up a chickens bum  :-o

Same ole same ole conversation at this time every year.  Sheesh you get what you get and deal with it however the situation determines. No sense in working yourselve up into a frenzy before the first pager goes off.

Blah Blah Blah
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
The challenge in my area is trying to get stuff to burn before the fire restrictions start!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
Yeah its gonna be the big one this year, I can feel it in my bones, the ants are walking at funny angles to the sun, three blacks cat crossed the road with their heads up a chickens bum  :-o

Same ole same ole conversation at this time every year.  Sheesh you get what you get and deal with it however the situation determines. No sense in working yourselve up into a frenzy before the first pager goes off.

Blah Blah Blah

No harm in talking about it is there?? After all i thought that was the purpose of a forum??

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »
It seems like everything down here in the Lower South East is starting grow and
dry off at an alarming pace according to an article in yesterdays Border Watch one of the councils in Mount Gambier not sure which one issued about 120 odd notifications to property owners to clean up their properties or face being given a fine   
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline SimpleJack

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
ah I missed hering from BYGB heeeeeeis all class typical Dalkeith

Desert Dweller

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
I agree with SJ :evil:

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »
ah I missed hering from BYGB heeeeeeis all class typical Dalkeith

hering???? why are you throwing misspelt fish at me? I'm guessing Dalkeith is one of those brigades that does it for free  :evil: I don't get out of bed unless there's cash involved  :mrgreen:
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"