Author Topic: Bush master SHOTS (Foam)  (Read 2798 times)

rescue5271

Bush master SHOTS (Foam)
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »
Not sure if many know but PACFIRE are selling a product that was made here in SA by Nowa where the days of having 3 or 6 drums of BFFF is gone. Nowa has developed a refill of foam refill that can be done out in the field which will save weight/space and OHSW issues. It works like this you buy a 2 litre refill bottle and once you have filled your drum with water you add the foam and there you go. I understand that some brigade in region one will be using this over summer to see how it goes the savings to brigades and groups should be well worth it. Should anyone want more information contact Pacfire on 1300 731 800.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:01:41 AM by Bill Corcoran »

misterteddy

Re: Bush master SHOTS (Foam)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
knowing Pacfire.....whatever you save if anything upfront....will be eating up in some other way....waiting time for products being a particular bugbear of mine.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »
.....or getting a phone call six months after you've given up on them and gone to a different supplier

" hi there, it's PACFIRE- the stuff you ordered is here...."

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:19:39 AM »
I have never had that problem with PACFIRE and their pricing is better than anyone else.I agree it pays to shop around but as for the foam its alot cheaper than what we buy at the moment....

misterteddy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »
Boredy, I agree...... 10 weeks wait for products that are on the shelf in NZ is b/s and show a company with no interest in meeting their customers needs.

Having seen the shabby way they treated their agents in this state when they moved in under them, I doubt I'll go anywhere near them unless I have no alternative (at any price).

Like everything, you get what you pay for. CFS as a whole is very good at rubbing their hands together at the lowest price...and not considering the long term cost.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »
it's nice to hear something positive about them Bill. 

My own experience has been VERY ordinary - but usually revolved around promising and not delivering items that weren't standard off-the-shelf items.

....or it could just be my perception and expectations - but as the article in the Advertiser indicated a couple of weeks ago - we Aussies tend to be pretty hot on demanding good customer service  - and unforgiving if it's not delivered!

anything