Author Topic: Off air decoder programming  (Read 5316 times)

Offline 561

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Off air decoder programming
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »
Can anyone on here help with programming an AlphaII off air decoder?
Where I work the GRN pagers dont work and hence I dont get any pages which is a bit of an issue as one of the main day time crew!

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Off air decoder programming
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:19:24 AM »
Vitacom program them (81324444) but if pagers don't work then the alpha might not too. Do you have mobile phone coverage? simple solution is get yourself setup to get pages via SMS as well.

Offline 561

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »
Cheers Darius - I'll give them a ring.
The Alpha works quite well here tapped into my discone antenna that runs my GRN scanner - it just needs the right info programmed into it for my group.

Offline DaveP

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:36:27 AM »
How many options are there for SMS messages to backup GRN Paging??

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
How many options are there for SMS messages to backup GRN Paging??

You mean other than the official GRN one?

Offline vsteve01

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
Who do you need to speak to sms pages?  And what conditions are placed on who can?

Other option can they email them instead?

ATM since I have no reception at work I have a script that scapes the sacfs paging site looking for what I want to know about and either just get an email or forward it out our sms gateway depending on what it is.  Works ok (well it did before site changed the formatting and I haven't got around to fixing it), but it generates a false results, it's delayed, and chews a fair bit of data.

pumprescue

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
You are lucky you were in the MFS first, if that was the CFS they would have said get over it, GRN is perfect !!

I check the paging website often, and have actually been caught before, pager didn't go but website picked it up !

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
Who do you need to speak to sms pages?  And what conditions are placed on who can?
Are you in the CFS?  If so, talk to your brigade comms officer, or the group comms officer.  They need to fill in a M01 form, but different groups have different setups as to who does this stuff.

Other option can they email them instead?
Yes, this option is also on the M01 form.

ATM since I have no reception at work I have a script that scapes the sacfs paging site looking for what I want to know about and either just get an email or forward it out our sms gateway depending on what it is.  Works ok (well it did before site changed the formatting and I haven't got around to fixing it), but it generates a false results, it's delayed, and chews a fair bit of data.
The old feed is still available at http://paging.sacfs.org/feed1/public.php :)

Offline vsteve01

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:41 AM »

Are you in the CFS?  If so, talk to your brigade comms officer, or the group comms officer.  They need to fill in a M01 form, but different groups have different setups as to who does this stuff.

The old feed is still available at http://paging.sacfs.org/feed1/public.php :)

Cheers for that.  Yeh I tried that, but for some reason my script thinks the columns are different and just sends me Blank msgs now.  Will have to fix it up before season starts, plus look for this M01 form. :D

Cheers