Author Topic: Looters at Stockport after floods  (Read 11254 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Looters at Stockport after floods
« on: December 23, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
Site: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/flood-victims-hit-by-wave-of-looting/story-fn6bqphm-1225974688953

STOCKPORT residents devastated by flooding now have to contend with thieves.

As they performed their own security patrols, they have called for a greater police presence and yesterday warned would-be thieves to stay out of town, following a fresh wave of looting.

Chad Coombe said three fridges, a freezer, a washing machine, a clothes dryer and two televisions were stolen from his property by a man posing as a council worker late last week. On Monday night thieves stole his tools.

He said he had spoken to at least three neighbours who had also been robbed following flooding in the small farming community, 80km north of Adelaide.

"It's just low, you can't get any lower," Mr Coombe said.

"We've already lost pretty much everything and they're coming in to take the last few scraps we've got."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
To add insult to injury, Mr Coombe learnt yesterday Elders Insurance wouldn't process his claim until a hydrologist had investigated the damage in the new year.

While most other companies have starting paying out the claims of affected residents, Mr Coombe and at least two other households would spend Christmas not knowing whether they were covered.

Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Looters at Stockport after floods
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »
Why do opportunist thieves always strike after a major emergency event ? Seen it happen after Ash Wednesday and storms.

The household white goos described could be damaged by the flood waters anyway, so what would the value be ?

I hope SAPOL catch them before the locals do.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

Re: Looters at Stockport after floods
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »
I hope the locals catch them first...sorry officer they tripped.

anything