Author Topic: Car vs Roo  (Read 4282 times)

rescue5271

Car vs Roo
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
1908971 09:22:21 08-01-11 MFS: *CFSRES INC032 08/01/11 09:21,RESPOND Rescue Animal,CNR SAND RD & KANGARILLA ,KANGARILLA MAP 0 0 0 TG134,ROO HIT BY CAR,KANG00

This brigade must really need calls,This would have to be RSPCA or police job.....

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »
1908971 09:22:21 08-01-11 MFS: *CFSRES INC032 08/01/11 09:21,RESPOND Rescue Animal,CNR SAND RD & KANGARILLA ,KANGARILLA MAP 0 0 0 TG134,ROO HIT BY CAR,KANG00

This brigade must really need calls,This would have to be RSPCA or police job.....

or maybe it was an MVA?

Offline gilfire99

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »
Nearest police in my time was Clarendon but that has long since closed. Now it would be Darlington, Mt Barker or McLaren Vale? Somebody that way may correct me and RSPCA a long way away when an animal is suffering. Lets face it, when you are the only emergency service in town you get everything.
NSWRFS District Officer, Learning & Development Officer, Castlereagh Zone, Gilgandra NSW
Ex Kangarilla Brigade SACFS

Offline Skippy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:16:46 AM »
Nearest police in my time was Clarendon but that has long since closed. Now it would be Darlington, Mt Barker or McLaren Vale? Somebody that way may correct me and RSPCA a long way away when an animal is suffering. Lets face it, when you are the only emergency service in town you get everything.

That area is part of the South Coast LSA, so the closest would have been McLaren Vale or Christies. And I agree with you, the suffering the roo goes through is terrible and it's not something nice to see.   

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »
How would the crew deal with it though?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »

shovel,rake hoe,houligan tool.... :-D

Probably a firearm be best though....

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »

I would suggest:- Cordon off the area so the Roo does not get hit again & people do not get hurt trying to assist it....until either the Roo recovers or RSPCA / Wildlife Rescue arrives.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
you want to leave an injured animal alive for a few hours until they arrive?

city slicker.... :evil:

put it out of it's misery you cruel man!

misterteddy

Car vs Roo
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »
I've done a job like this with SAAS before..lolol but for a horse hit by a car. Some kind passing soul decided the ambulance service could help. The single Plod car for the area was in another place and ages away, the local Vet was at least 30 mins away. A firearm was borrowed from a friendly farmer  (who couldnt do the deed himself...lmao). If only we could get that authorised as standard stowage for some patients  :evil:

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »

Aint no police at Darlington anymore..they went along time ago!! 

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Car vs Roo
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
There's a recorded case of a country para using Midazolan to euthanase an emu a few years ago......

anything