Author Topic: CFS Volunteer Position Descriptions and Membership Issues Discussion Paper  (Read 3023 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Both the "CFS Volunteer Position Descriptions" and "Membership Issues Discussion Paper" are available to view and comment upon via the Members only section of the CFS website, under "Volunteer Strategy and Support"

What do people think of the issues raised?

I think it's great to see some of the issues (and solutions) raised at Brigade level are actually making it into documents such as these for discussion. Weather anything will come of them is another thing altogether.

Interesting to note this:

Must have successfully completed appropriate courses of training approved by the Chief Officer

In the position description for Brigade Captain.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I think the proposal adds too many membership categories and overcomplicates it. I think all we need is one extra category to what we have now which is effectively the same as Operational Support but does not confer any voting rights (to solve the quorum problem). I understand where the 'restricted firefighter' category comes from but as yet remain unconvinced that it's something the CFS should be pursuing.

Regarding the position descriptions, really just a write-up of the dot points from the act and regs, but probably good to have in this format.

pumprescue

I wonder if they plan to enforce holding rank in 2 services....could result in several vacancies in brigades!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I wonder if they plan to enforce holding rank in 2 services....could result in several vacancies in brigades!

meh, the debate gets reopened every 6 months or so, itll never happen.