Author Topic: Having more than allowed number of officers per SFEC's  (Read 3154 times)

pumprescue

Having more than allowed number of officers per SFEC's
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
I have noticed a few brigades have Lt 5's. I know of 1 being Salisbury that got it for some seasonal fire crew that hasn't eventuated yet.

But have noticed others such as Nuriootpa have it as well, how does this work, what makes their case so strong? Something we don't know about ?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Having more than allowed number of officers per SFEC's
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Stirling has 5 also.
Images are copyright

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
I was under the impression that SFECs were a minimum?
Otherwise theres a whole shitload of extra equip, brigade members, training around the state that should not exist.

pumprescue

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
There is a minimum to operate, and a maximum allowed in the SFEC's. But CFS tend to operate on minimum when it suits EG BA, RCR etc and maximum when it suits eg BFF1 extra Lt's when it suits.

Sigh...

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
Before this gets out of hand with misinformation as per usual, it has NOTHING to do with SFEC's. If you read the SA Fire and Emergency Services Regulation 2005, you'll find:

SECTION 9 — Brigade officers

(1) Pursuant to section 70 of the Act, each SACFS brigade will have the following officers:

(a) a brigade captain;

(b) unless the Chief Officer otherwise determines—at least 2, but not more than 4, lieutenants (with the order of seniority of the lieutenants being decided in a manner determined by the brigade);

(c) with the approval of the Chief Officer—1 or more senior fire-fighters (with the number of senior fire-fighters not exceeding the number of lieutenants and the order of seniority of the senior fire-fighters being decided in a manner determined by the brigade).

Thus, without the express permission of the Chief, no Brigade should have more than 4 Lt's. Some groups are far firmer with this than others. Reg's trump SFEC.

Stirling has 5 also.

Are you 110% sure about that? It's not the 80's anymore, and Mt. Lofty Group did have to deal with this specific issue in recent years.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

pumprescue

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
Stirling only has 4 now, as this specific issue was brought up with them, so number 5 was dropped.

anything