Author Topic: AIIMS course  (Read 5524 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
AIIMS course
« on: September 07, 2005, 01:06:09 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this course is about? What does it cover, and who should do it?
(I think there might be 2, an intro to AIIMS and a more in depth one?)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AIIMS course
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:37:54 PM »
AIIMS - Australian Interservice Incident Management System.
Also knows as ICS Incident Control System.

It's purpose is to provide a structure for managing incidents. AIIMS has various designated positions IC, OPS, Logistics, Planning, SAFETY.

The course is designed for officers and those who are involved in ICS teams etc etc.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:10:10 AM »
I recently did this course and it was very well done and gave me and a few others a better understandingof AIIMS and where we all fit in. It also gave those there the chance to see/hear what pre planning a group/brigade should do before hand some of the things that we talked about i will be talking about at our logistics meeting tonite with the aim of having something in place by summer ..

the course is not only for officers its for all members who wish to do more in CFS but also to provide a better understanding of AIIMS and where it fits into CFS life. Remember once we have done these courses we need to use the skills that we have learnt..

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »
The course is broken into several CFS_fiery. The intro to AIIMS course covers the basics of what is required by each section, ie planning, logistics etc. The next step if you like, is to choose which area you would like and attend a course purely and in more depth on that particular section.
Adam

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »
Thanks guys, that exactly what I wanted to know :)

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 03:40:49 PM »
The course(s) should equip you with knowledge to be part of an incident management team. If nothing else, it should make you more sympathetic to Incident Control teams!

The BFF1 powerpoint presentation has a brief intro to AIIMS and is worth a look if you haven't seen it.
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

anything