Author Topic: Do we use them.  (Read 7525 times)

rescue5271

Do we use them.
« on: March 26, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
At a recent meeting I was at it came up that we dont use items that are in the stowage kit and that they should be removed. One of the items on the hit list was the deviding breaching or Y piece what ever you want to call it this week. When asked why they wanted to remove them it came back that they never get used at a job?? It was also said that CFS pay $700.00 each for these which is incorrect CFS pay less than $300.00 each for them.

I dont know about anyone else but i sure as hell think we need to stop items being removed from appliances and that we as a service need to look at what we really need and want on them....

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Do we use them.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »
Law of averages, if you take it off, the next day you'll need it.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:46:14 PM »
I think that we would see a vast increase in the use of breaching pieces if they were gated. Currently they are difficult to use unless you already have the two hoselays ready to go. If they were gated, it would allow you to set up the single hoselay with the provision for the second line to be added later.

Dare I ask who the meeting was with? Was it an official V&E meeting or just an idea being bandied around at a lower group level?

If anything we should be adding to and improving our already woefully inadequate stowage.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
I agree numbers it was at a V+E meeting....