Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Structure Fire Entanglement Hazard

(1/14) > >>

6739264:
You're fighting a fire in a medium sized commercial premises. The ceiling falls in on you and your partner. In the mess of ceiling tiles and assorted debris lies bundles and bundles of electrical, telephone, network, and other assorted cabling. The airconditioner ductwork has burnt through to its metal ribbing and has falling in on you as well.

You and your partner are stuck, and massively entangled. You've got a minimum amount of movement but its obvious that you're not going anywhere fast. Visibility is low, as always. You've been in there a while, and your cylinder is emptying by the breath.

What do you do?

safireservice:
If you've been there a while shouldnt your DSU have gone off by now alerting others there is something wrong?

6739264:

--- Quote from: safireservice on May 08, 2011, 12:03:54 AM ---If you've been there a while shouldnt your DSU have gone off by now alerting others there is something wrong?

--- End quote ---

If you're not moving...

Not sure about you, but if I'm struggling to free myself, I'm usually wiggling enough to keep my DSU from going into alarm.

Pipster:
But if you know you are in trouble, don't you just press the button on your DSU to activate it....?

Pip

Alex:
Activate DSU, and get to work with my knife [assuming i can get into the right pocket] whilst waiting for a miracle considering the training provided to CFS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version