Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Structure Fire Entanglement Hazard

<< < (14/14)

CFS_Firey:

--- Quote from: flyonthewall on June 02, 2011, 07:35:32 PM ---
--- Quote ---Just to clarify, the Centurions do allow for auxiliary masks to be run, it's just that the CFS does't stow the fittings required.  Likewise you can also attach an external air supply to the sets, but we don't stow the fittings/hoses for that either.

--- End quote ---
... That dosen't help if you need to supply someone with air then.

--- End quote ---

No, it doesn't :(  (but it's a failure of the system, not the sets)

--- Quote from: flyonthewall on June 02, 2011, 07:35:32 PM ---I find it ironic that there is alot of complaining about lack of training and yet, I keep getting questioned about my personal risk management by people who supposedly don't have the training or the SOP's that,
--- Quote ---cover it...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Maybe because they see you as someone who has been trained, and want to learn from you, so they ask you questions?

flyonthewall:

--- Quote ---Posted by: jaff 

When I grow up, I want to be just like Flyonthewall and maybe even have a cape as well....non flamable of course! 

--- End quote ---

I'ts this kind of mentality that lets some people down.

I've tried to give some detail into the thinking of an urban firefighter (this is only my opinion of course)along with some of the things that might happen at an incident.
It is quite obvious that there are some things that you guys didn't know or were unfamiliar with because of the difference in training and core buisness.

........ stay safe at the next structure fire you attend.

misterteddy:

--- Quote from: flyonthewall on June 03, 2011, 01:47:54 PM ---It is quite obvious that there are some things that you guys didn't know or were unfamiliar with because of the difference in training and core buisness.

--- End quote ---

lmao at the "core" business comment. So, do you thing grassfires are our core business??? You really have no idea sometimes do you??

flyonthewall:

--- Quote ---Posted by: misterteddy  

Quote from: flyonthewall on Yesterday at 01:47:54 PM
It is quite obvious that there are some things that you guys didn't know or were unfamiliar with because of the difference in training and core buisness.

lmao at the "core" business comment. So, do you thing grassfires are our core business??? You really have no idea sometimes do you??

--- End quote ---

My apology, core business - was a poor choice of words. Substitute core business with - how often you attend these incidents ie. on the job experience). I also am aware that some guys have structure fire experience and have worked alongside them with no issues of capability.......

Anyway, I didn't mention grassfires and in actual fact, the MFS responds to more anyway. Check the stats 09/10......

CFS total 09/10 - 1996
MFS total 09/10 - 2151

--- Quote ---You really have no idea sometimes do you??
--- End quote ---

?......

I have no intention of turning this into a stats. thread so back to numbers hypothetical..........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version